KEF's new LSX II LT Wireless HiFi speakers have AirPlay and are more affordable

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 23

Audio purveyor Kef launched its latest HiFi speakers this week by introducing a more affordable version of its popular LSX lineup of AirPlay-connected speakers.

The new Kef LSX II LT sitting on a desk in a stereo pair
The new Kef LSX II LT is more affordable and supports AirPlay

The new LSX II LT Wireless HiFi speakers from Kef build in the brand's legacy of producing premium speakers. The new model drops the price tag a bit while retaining key features.

These desktop speakers boast direct streaming from a multitude of streaming services including Spotify, Tidal, and Amazon Music. The W2 wireless platform also ties in support for Apple AirPlay and Chromecast.

Other than Wi-Fi networking, connectivity is provided via HDMI Arc, USB-C, and optical inputs.

Three color options of the Kef LSX II LT including Graphite Grey, Stone White, and Sage Green
Kef offers the LSX II LT in Graphite Grey, Stone White, and Sage Green

Each LSX II LT uses Kef's 11th generation Uni-Q driver array and can be tuned with its proprietary EQ DSP to balance the audio for its environment.

There are a few differences between the LSX II LT and the original LSX II. The LT version has a wired connection between the two speakers whereas the original can be wireless, the LSX II is Master Quality Authenticated, the pricier model supports Root, and the LSX II has a 3.5mm audio input.

The Kef LSX II LT is available now in Graphite Grey, Stone White, and Sage Green for $999 right now from Kef Authorized Dealer Crutchfield.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    d_2d_2 Posts: 118member
    clarifying:  $999 per pair 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Would be interesting to go listen to a pair - I'd listened to the original LSX and didn't think they sounded that great, at least, not compared to KEF's LS50 (which I wound up buying). The $999 price is competitive with Sonos Five or Era 300.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Given the current price for the LS50 is £2000 and the LSX £1200 I’d expect that the former would sound better!

I have a pair of the LSX originals and they sound way better than the HomePod which they replaced. Sometimes I’m not sure about the sound, but then I’ll play a real quality recording via streaming from AM or Apple TV and yes, they are superb.
    jeffharriswatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,874member
    Very very good speakers with wired connections an absolute must (because these speakers will last 15 years easy), I wish I had known about them for comparison before I bought AudioEngine A5 speakers which will also last too, the LSX II LT is also very nice looking too.

https://us.kef.com/products/s1-floor-stand
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Would be interesting to go listen to a pair - I'd listened to the original LSX and didn't think they sounded that great, at least, not compared to KEF's LS50 (which I wound up buying). The $999 price is competitive with Sonos Five or Era 300.
    I've had a pair of the original green LSX for about 3 years. Later, I added a KEF KUBE 10b subwoofer.
    They're in my bedroom used mainly for streaming music, but also streaming movies with an Apple TV 4K and 32" Viewsonic IPS monitor.

I listen mostly to classical music… mediaeval to contemporary… and opera and they're excellent for that.
    Detailed, accurate sound, flat response, good sound stage, but with enough heft to handle complex orchestral music with ease.
    With AirPlay 2 I can stream to them from my Mac, iPhone or iPad, too. And also play simultaneously with the KEF speakers in my living room.

There's an option to connect the two speakers with a special (included) Ethernet cable to increase the sampling rate of music being streamed.
    It seems to help the sound, anyway. It's great they added HDMI ARC support and a USB-C input.

They're cute, too. Not too big! I've been very happy with them. My wife likes them, too! Definitely worth a listen.
    I think KEF USA has a 30 day trial, at least with some of their other speakers.

edited January 18 ForumPostwatto_cobra