Apple Vision Pro preorders have started online, deliveries begin Feb. 2

Posted:
in Apple Vision Pro edited January 19

The Apple Store is back up and preorders have now begun for the Apple Vision Pro, Apple's long-awaited AR and VR headset.

A person wearing Vision Pro looks at floating virtual screens displaying a hotel booking website and a planning document with a colorful infographic.
Apple Vision Pro in use (Source: Apple)

It's expected that Apple will have produced few Vision Pro headsets compared to its iPhone or iPad releases, so it's likely that the pre-order quantity will sell out quickly.

The cost of the model is $3,499, and that comes with 256GB. For 512GB the price is $3,699, and for a 1TB edition it's $3,899.

Apple is also offering AppleCare for $499, and a travel case, which costs $199.

The process for pre-ordering Vision Pro is more involved than for any other Apple device, too, so it's essential to have certain things ready before ordering.

Specifically, Apple says that at the start of the pre-order process, buyers will require:

1. iPhone or iPad with Face ID on the latest OS update

2. The Apple Store app installed and up to date

After ordering, buyers who require any corrective lenses will also be asked to provide:

1. Information about required prescription or reader glass inserts

2. If necessary, a valid, unexpired prescription from a U.S. eye-care professional

If the online Apple Store sells out of pre-orders, it is likely -- although not guaranteed -- that there will be stocks in physical Apple Stores. If that is correct, it won't happen until February 2, 2024, when there will be in-store demonstrations.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    jas99jas99 Posts: 150member
    Ordered mine. 1Tb memory option. Surprisingly cheap to upgrade memory. 
    paisleydiscowilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Got mine! Excited!
    jas99williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    My ApplePay using AppleCard transaction failed 7 times.  Each time it failed it made me pick a new appointment time. When I finally changed credit cards I had been moved from Feb2 at 11:00am to February 3 at 4pm.  I checked with the AppleCard people and they said there were no declined transactions.  It appears maybe it was an ApplePay issue on the Apple Store side.  Did anybody else see this problem?
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    crofford said:
    My ApplePay using AppleCard transaction failed 7 times.  Each time it failed it made me pick a new appointment time. When I finally changed credit cards I had been moved from Feb2 at 11:00am to February 3 at 4pm.  I checked with the AppleCard people and they said there were no declined transactions.  It appears maybe it was an ApplePay issue on the Apple Store side.  Did anybody else see this problem?

I had an issue with my AMEX card not being able to be processed. But my Apple Card had no issues. 

williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    When I ordered mine I didn’t notice at first that it defaulted to in store pickup. When it asked me to select an appointment time I backed up and switched to delivery (which is what I wanted) and then the Apple Card purchase went through on the first try. 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    crofford said:
    I had the "transition failed" a few times. I just entered the card number manually and it went through. You still get your 3% on the AppleCard if you enter the number rather than using ApplePay. 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 8
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,308member
    I might spend a few thousand dollars on Apple products this year, but not on this. I’ll wait until this reaches the iphone 4 stage, at least. 

This year I’ll be looking to buy a 13 inch iPad Air and either an m3 Mac mini or Mac Studio, depending on details.
    edited January 19 muthuk_vanalingamwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I also had the failed transaction trying to set up the appointment time, so I gave up and am just having it delivered to my home.  That went through right away.  I am sure this will be delivered via Fedex and require a signature, so make sure you will be home that day if you chose the delivery option.
    danoxwilliamlondonwatto_cobra