Apple Vision Pro storage and AppleCare prices revealed

Posted:
in Apple Vision Pro

Now that pre-orders for the Apple Vision Pro have begun, buyers can finally see what the price range is for different storage options, plus some extra options.

Apple Vision Pro is now on pre-order
Apple Vision Pro is now on pre-order

Pre-orders for the Apple Vision Pro have started, and as Apple has previously said, the base model costs $3,499.

That price is for the 256GB model, the lowest-capacity edition available. The price for the next level up at 512GB is $3,699.

Apple is also selling an edition with 1TB of SSD storage, and that costs $3,899.

Alongside the cost of the headset itself, Apple is offering AppleCare for $499. It is also selling a travel case, which costs $199.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    byronlbyronl Posts: 363member
    The base version should be AT LEAST 512gb for that price...
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    byronl said:
    WHY?

I buy base storage apple devices and with 2TB cloud storage who needs more? Why horde media on a device. Why anyone attacks Apples business model is confusing to me…
    williamlondonwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I went with the 512GB version.  Almost chose the 1TB, but it's already so expensive.  I also selected AppleCare+, which I think is ridiculous at $499 for only ONE year.  I guess that means I'll have to pay $499/12 monthly to extend it past the first year, but if I don't pay for AppleCare and I damage it, I'm screwed.  So as much as I hate it, I think that was necessary.

Don't buy the Apple carrying case.  Spigen has already announced a nicer one for less than half the price of Apple's.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,875member
    byronl said:
    I have a 11 Pro iPhone after 5 years 177 gigs used out 512 gigs max, half of the 177 gigs is music (20,000 songs)/video (50)/pictures (200), nothing else comes close includes 80 apps. 256 gigs will work easily if you want to save a little money.

Also note: the numbers on my iPad Pro after 4 years was about 256 gigs but I did max it out at 1024 gigs however, and music 90 gigs was the biggest user of space by far.
    A music collection might be the biggest space pig for most people I don't think most will sync their entire collection to the Apple Vision nor keep every video on it.
    edited January 19 williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    RespiteRespite Posts: 111member
    byronl said:
    What are you planning on storing on yours?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jburns9999jburns9999 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    nexus2024 said:
    I went with the 512GB version.  Almost chose the 1TB, but it's already so expensive.  I also selected AppleCare+, which I think is ridiculous at $499 for only ONE year.  I guess that means I'll have to pay $499/12 monthly to extend it past the first year, but if I don't pay for AppleCare and I damage it, I'm screwed.  So as much as I hate it, I think that was necessary.

Don't forget the sweet $300 dedectible.   If your Vision Pro needs a $1000 repair tyou will have paid for $800 of it.

• Reply 7 of 7
    LeoMCLeoMC Posts: 102member
    danox said:
    music (20,000 songs)
    For the money needed to buy those songs one can get 300 years worth of Apple Music and have access to unlimited music (100 milion according to Apple), including access to all new releases.
    edited January 20 watto_cobrajony0