Initial Apple Vision Pro shipments making moves for February 2 delivery

Posted:
in Apple Vision Pro edited January 22

Those who pre-ordered the Apple Vision Pro for February 2 home delivery already see activity in their delivery tracking apps.

Apple Vision Pro on a display pedestal with people blurred in the background
Apple Vision Pro

Apple Vision Pro ships to customers on February 2, with some picking it up in-store and others getting home delivery. Those waiting for their headsets at home can begin tracking their shipments from China.

AppleInsider staff and several social media users are seeing activity in their UPS app for their scheduled Apple Vision Pro delivery. The shipment information is scarce, showing a Shanghai, China origin and a package weight of 10.36 pounds.

The Apple Vision Pro packaging is expected to be rather large since it includes the headset and accessories. The headset weighs at most 1.43 pounds, and the battery weighs less than a pound at 12.45 ounces.

Charging cables, an extra strap, and a cover for the glass add a bit more weight. Of course, the remaining package weight is the packing material and cardboard itself.

Users who get their device delivered at home have a chance to exchange Light Seals or bands if the fit is wrong. Apple Vision Pro and Zeiss optical inserts are both set to arrive on release day -- February 2.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    My guess is that they will probably ship them a couple days early.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    My guess is that they will probably ship them a couple days early.
    Well, what a surprise that is. 
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I placed my order January 19th at 9am EST. Was given a 2/2/24 delivery date. Today it was moved to a month later, 3/7/24.

Anyone else get an order pushed back?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I placed my delivery order at 5:17 am Jan 19th and my order tracking shows delivery Feb 13-16? Could they possibly have sold all Feb 2nd  units in 17 minutes? Highly doubtful as 80k were supposedly available but who knows? I called and asked if I could buy/pick one up at my local Apple store on the 2nd and they said they could not tell me. If I had known all this ahead of time I would have done the store appt. and pick up on Feb 2nd!