Bush's Aides Plan Late Campaign Sprint in '04

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The proverbial cat is out of the bag. According to The New York Times, " target="_blank">Bush's Aides Plan Late Campaign Sprint in '04.



Several tidbits:
  • Republican National Convention deliberately moved up to near the third anniversary of the September 11th attacks.

  • Republicans estimate they can raise 200 million dollars

  • Campaign to focus on 1) National Security and 2) Bush's role as a war time President. (Commentary: convenient, huh?)

  • Republicans to present themselves as apolitical and Democrats as opportunistically political.

  • Full-fledged demonization and baseless discrediting already in force from top Republican officials: 1) Kerry as an "elite haughty Boston liberal," 2) Edwards as "slick and shallow; the Breck-girl of politics." The worst label? "Trial Lawyer."

«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 43
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    That looks like a powerbook in the MSN add at NYT.





    Oh I'm sorry is there a political discussion going on? HRC in 2008!
  • Reply 2 of 43
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,448member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

    The proverbial cat is out of the bag. According to The New York Times, " target="_blank">Bush's Aides Plan Late Campaign Sprint in '04.



    Several tidbits:Republican National Convention deliberately moved up to near the third anniversary of the September 11th attacks.
    Republicans estimate they can raise 200 million dollars
    Campaign to focus on 1) National Security and 2) Bush's role as a war time President. (Commentary: convenient, huh?)
    Republicans to present themselves as apolitical and Democrats as opportunistically political.
    Full-fledged demonization and baseless discrediting already in force from top Republican officials: 1) Kerry as an "elite haughty Boston liberal," 2) Edwards as "slick and shallow; the Breck-girl of politics." The worst label? "Trial Lawyer."




    This is incredible... let me see if I get this right.



    Are you seriously telling me that...



    In the next election Repubicans are going to spend money trying to get elected...

    They will focus on their strengths...

    They will say they are good and the other guys are bad....

    They will say their guy will do the job right, and the other sides guy will do the job wrong...



    That is just amazing..what the hell is this country coming to!!!



    Nick
  • Reply 3 of 43
    Trust trumptman for his stunning political insight.











    (psst...check that little itty bitty dollar amount. it just might be more significant than "spending money.)
  • Reply 4 of 43
    naderfannaderfan Posts: 156member
    And the Democrats will be trying to see how quickly they can take themselves out of the running. Hey, every liberal out there should vote Green! it's less a waste than voting Democrat. Nader for President.
  • Reply 5 of 43
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Naderfan

    Hey, every liberal out there should vote Green! it's less a waste than voting Democrat. Nader for President.



    I hope the liberals do vote green! LOL Please split the democrap vote!



    Fellows
  • Reply 6 of 43
    naderfannaderfan Posts: 156member
    Hey, if everyone does it, who knows, perhaps Nader will become president. (We can only hope!)
  • Reply 7 of 43
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Oh my God the Republicans are raising an unGodly amount of money!



    I'm sure the Democrats won't!



    Newsflash:

    A lion just ate a zebra.







    SHOCK AND AWE
  • Reply 8 of 43
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Actually, I heard the Democrats are cutting themselves off after $155.25. Something about "keeping it real" and "about the issues and not money", so that's cool.
  • Reply 9 of 43
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,448member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by pscates

    Actually, I heard the Democrats are cutting themselves off after $155.25. Something about "keeping it real" and "about the issues and not money", so that's cool.



    Yes and while the Republicans will raise their money from thousands of people the Dems will raise theirs from 3 guys.



    Nick
  • Reply 10 of 43
    Quote:

    Originally posted by pscates

    Actually, I heard the Democrats are cutting themselves off after $155.25. Something about "keeping it real" and "about the issues and not money", so that's cool.



    Wow that can work! A campaign marketed on spending less money.
  • Reply 11 of 43
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by groverat



    SHOCK AND AWE [/B]







    S & A...it almost becaome a trademark of the Sony Corporation. Sheesh.







    http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E15306,00.html







    OK...back to the thread....
  • Reply 12 of 43
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    What's interesting to me is that it looks like there's a fairly coordinated attack on Powell, who is the only "Republican" (a I understand it, his politics are pretty eclectic) who might mount an inside challenge.



    I think, as much as I hope Kerry will mount a strong campaign, the Dems are doomed to wage another mindless, uninteresting, and self-destructive campaign. If there's one thing that I agree with Limbaugh about lately it's this: the dems don't seem to have a clue how to respond to this administration.



    Cheers

    Scott
  • Reply 13 of 43
    Howard Dean and Bob Graham. I'm telling you!
  • Reply 14 of 43
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

    Howard Dean and Bob Graham. I'm telling you!



    Dean looks good at first...but isn't he anti-abortion?
  • Reply 15 of 43
    Quote:

    Originally posted by midwinter

    Dean looks good at first...but isn't he anti-abortion?



    No.
  • Reply 16 of 43
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

    No.



    hmmm...I could've sworn that there was something odd about him...that he's anti-abortion or pro-death penalty or something odd (i.e. that would make me not vote for him). Has he backed off a position now that he's in the running?



    BTW, you want someone to watch: Harold Ford Jr from TN.
  • Reply 17 of 43
    Quote:

    Originally posted by midwinter

    hmmm...I could've sworn that there was something odd about him...that he's anti-abortion or pro-death penalty or something odd (i.e. that would make me not vote for him). Has he backed off a position now that he's in the running?



    BTW, you want someone to watch: Harold Ford Jr from TN.




    Dean was anti-war.



    I've been following Ford, Jr. for quite some time. Apparently, he's far less divisive than his father. The only thing that doesn't make me fall all over him is that he's a more conservative Democrat.
  • Reply 18 of 43
    naderfannaderfan Posts: 156member
    I would love to see John McCain run as an independent. I think he'd have a good shot at winning and we'd finally have someone we could respect in the White House.
  • Reply 19 of 43
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    There he wouldn't get anything done. A Republican without a lot of allies among his own party (slightly less true now with Trent Lott ostracized). I like and respect McCain a great deal. His best role, however is what he is now: a Republican spoiler.



    Screed
  • Reply 20 of 43
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Naderfan

    I would love to see John McCain run as an independent. I think he'd have a good shot at winning and we'd finally have someone we could respect in the White House.



    How do you go from Nader to McCain?



Sign In or Register to comment.