How to use Stolen Device Protection

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Yeah it used to show a lot more fine grained info. It got cut back a few updates ago. At least you can see if a “bad” place is listed…
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Yeah it used to show a lot more fine grained info. It got cut back a few updates ago. At least you can see if a “bad” place is listed…
    I can only see the most recent place. A giant grocery store. But it says there are over a hundred places and no way to see them.

As it stands, I think Stolen Device Protection gives a dangerously false sense of security.

• Reply 23 of 25
    uphill said:
    I can only see the most recent place. A giant grocery store. But it says there are over a hundred places and no way to see them.

As it stands, I think Stolen Device Protection gives a dangerously false sense of security.
    So, maybe as long as it’s not stolen at that store, perhaps this is better than it would have been? I have just my home location listed, but I have seen other sensible places listed there too.

If you have an old device with an OS 3 years old, you could use that to see more details of all (227 in my case) of the locations.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Since I use my phone for my shopping list, it's not comforting that the store is a significant location. And I can think of several metro stations that might be on my list. Probably COSTCO too.

The bottom line seems to be: Everybody needs to be as vigilant as ever to prevent the theft of an iPhone. Stolen Device Protection might help but it's impossible to know for sure just where. Screen Time passcode can also help, but a resourceful thief can get around that too.
    muthuk_vanalingam