Apple Music & iTunes resume after outage while AppleCare+ is still down

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 29

Apple Music and iTunes services are now operational again after an outage. However, AppleCare on Device is still not operational.

A large white musical note set against a vibrant red background.
Apple Music outage has been fixed

Following recent service disruptions on Monday, Apple has successfully resolved the issues affecting Apple Music and the iTunes Store. Users had encountered difficulties, including non-functional "Home" and "Listen Now" tabs in Apple Music and the inability to play songs across various devices, starting around 1:20 pm.

The initial outage, which also impacted the iTunes Store, saw Mac users facing error messages when attempting to play certain tracks and experiencing playlist issues. iPhone users reported a complete inability to play or select songs.

Apple's system status page had confirmed these outages, attributing them to "intermittent issues."

With the restoration of Apple Music and the iTunes Store, users can enjoy uninterrupted access to their music and other media content.

However, while these services are now back online, AppleCare on devices is still experiencing an outage. The ongoing issue affects users seeking support through AppleCare on their devices.

AppleCare on device, typically known as AppleCare+, is an extended warranty and technical support service Apple provides for its hardware products.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    So I'm going to be a diva here and claim the outage today and Friday as my doing. Well okay there's an enormous chance that's not the case, but here's what happened with me. On Friday this is the problem I was having as I typed it into Apple Support Chat:

"For about the past five days, songs ripped from CDs in my iTunes library uploaded to Apple Music's cloud that aren't otherwise available on Apple Music won't play half the time on PlayStation 5's Apple Music app and will just get skipped past. Weirdly though whenever I try playing the same songs on the Apple Music app on my Android phone they play fine. I've had no issue with playback for songs that are directly on Apple Music not uploaded to the cloud via my own library."

This led to a phone call with Apple Support, where they had me take a video of the problem and send it to them, and then told me it was something on Sony's end and to contact them. Well, I thought I would test that by installing Apple Music on an LG TV I have and check if the problem would happen on it too, and sure enough it did. So I called them back, gave them my case number from the previous call, and told them that the problem was actually happening on the app on an LG TV too. They had me take a video of that as well, and then somewhat incoherently told me they'd look into the problem, scheduled a call back with me for Thursday, and, well, sounded something like bothered or irritated as they ended the call. It was about forty-five minutes later that the outage towards the end of the work-day on Friday happened, and now there was this one towards the beginning of the work-day on Monday. So, just thought I'd share that for what it's worth.
    tokyojimu
  • Reply 2 of 2
    "So I'm going to be a diva here and claim the outage today and Friday as my doing…"

Overachiever!