'Death Stranding: Director's Cut' hits iPhone, iPad, and Mac

Posted:
in iPhone

"Death Stranding: Directors Cut" is now rolling out worldwide on iPad, Mac, and iPhone 15 Pro, and is on sale for a limited time.

Death Stranding Director's Cut
Death Stranding Director's Cut
Death Stranding: Director's Cutwas announced

for Mac at WWDC 2023, when Gaming luminary Hideo Kojima spoke positively about the Mac's place in the gaming world.

In September, it was learned that the game would also make it onto iPads equipped with an M1 chip or later, as well as the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.

In December, it was learned that the much anticipated Apple-centric release of Death Stranding would be delayed until "early 2024." While no date was initially given, the game has gone live on the App Store.

Originally released for the Sony PlayStation 4 in 2019, Death Stranding is an action-adventure game set in a post-apocalyptic world, featuring Norman Reedus ("Boondock Saints," "The Walking Dead") as the lead character.

In Death Stranding, invisible creatures are a constant threat to the world, causing destruction wherever they go. The player takes on the role of Sam, a courier with the important job of delivering packages to remote cities and connecting them to a wireless communication network.

After its release, Death Stranding was highly praised by critics for its distinctive game design and surreal imagery. This was Kojima's first game after leaving Konami, the publisher of his renowned Metal Gear stealth action game series.

Death Stranding is on sale on the App Store right now for $19.99. It will return to its $39.99 price shortly.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    On my new 8Gb/sec connection, a 77 GB file should take a little over a minute, but at the rate it's going, it looks like it will take 15 minutes. I infer that Apple's servers are busy or are limited to about 1Gb/sec.

By the way, I wouldn't have bought this app if it had shown a lot of personal data being downloaded in the "App Privacy" section of the Apple App store. This means that the sale was made because the app respected my privacy. Developers take note: some of us don't buy apps that violate our privacy. You want my money? Then respect my privacy.

Hmm, the game refused to launch/open until I rebooted my M3 Mac.

EDIT: as soon as the program launched, I got this warning. I was quite surprised, as it "seems" (but I'm not sure) to conflict with the Apple App Store's App Privacy data for this program.
    505 Games uses third party tracking technology to collect information
    through 505 Games products, in part, to track results, which may include
    without limitation, Telemetry Data.
    These third parties may collect information such as, your anonymous use ID,
    some hardware details, the country you are playing in, along with in-game
    location and crafted items.
    For clarity, "Telemetry Data" as used herein, includes quantitative and
    qualitative data, error logs and tables about your devices, hosts, services, and
    related pages accessed by users.
    This information is gathered to enable 505 Games to update and improve the
    gameplay experience.
    Notwithstanding any other terms in this Agreement, you hereby consent and
    grant 505 Games license to collect and use Telemetry Data generated by your
    use of the Software Product, subject to 505 Games' Privacy Policy.
    https://505games.com/privacy/
    https://support.505games.com/
    edited January 30 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 2
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,308member
    To the best of my knowledge, “telemetry data” that is not personally identifiable has always been allowed, since it is part and parcel of most apps — including macOS itself.

Check the 505games site to read specifically about the privacy policy you linked to see if there is any further clarification on their policies, or contact the developer directly if they don’t clarify this enough. If you get no answer, file a report with Apple that the App Store listing and the telemetry warning appear to conflict.
    watto_cobra