Apple continues its 17-year streak of being the most admired company in the world

Posted:
in General Discussion

Apple has secured its seventeenth year running as the most admired company in the world, according to Fortune, with Microsoft and Amazon rounding out the top three spots.

Apple has secured the top spot as most admired company for 17 years running
Apple has secured the top spot as most admired company for 17 years running

Determining the most admired company began with a list of 1,500 companies, including the 1,000 largest companies in the U.S. and 500 non-U.S. companies with revenues of at least $10 billion. The list was narrowed down to 660 after Fortune focused on the highest-revenue companies in each industry.

Then, more than 3,700 executives, directors, and analysts were polled, rating each company in categories such as investment value, quality of management, and social responsibility.

According to Fortune, Apple is the most admired company among industry professionals for the 17th year running. It scored first in social responsibility, financial soundness, innovation, and global competitiveness.

Apple received an overall score of 8.19, which is down from its score of 8.65 from the year prior.

Microsoft took the second spot, though it took the top spot in the computer software industry.

Amazon dropped to third, down one position from last year. It secured top marks in internet services and retail.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Apparently, Berkshire Hathaway is higher than Alphabet (Google) and Nvidia, I don't think most people even know about them.

Also, Meta and Netflix are the only two companies from FAANG who are not in the top 10.
    edited January 31
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Well deserved for Apple.

How MS got in there is a mystery of mysteries.
    edited January 31 watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    rax_mark said:
    Apparently, Berkshire Hathaway is higher than Alphabet (Google) and Nvidia, I don't think most people even know about them.

Also, Meta and Netflix are the only two companies from FAANG who are not in the top 10.
    This is a survey of executives at the top companies in the world (rich people) and which companies they admire most:

https://fortune.com/franchise-list-page/methodology-worlds-most-admired-companies-2024/

It ranks the 9 criteria listed on the company page, which are all centered around how much money the company can make for an investor, the ranking isn't far removed from their market cap for most of them:

https://fortune.com/company/microsoft/worlds-most-admired-companies/

It gets presented as though it's a survey of public admiration (mostly poor people). This is something rich people do frequently, trying to portray their own interests as though they reflect the interests of everyone, like when they talk about how good the economy is, they measure it by stock prices.
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Marvin said:
    rax_mark said:

This is a survey of executives at the top companies in the world (rich people) and which companies they admire most:

https://fortune.com/franchise-list-page/methodology-worlds-most-admired-companies-2024/

It ranks the 9 criteria listed on the company page, which are all centered around how much money the company can make for an investor, the ranking isn't far removed from their market cap for most of them:

https://fortune.com/company/microsoft/worlds-most-admired-companies/

It gets presented as though it's a survey of public admiration (mostly poor people). This is something rich people do frequently, trying to portray their own interests as though they reflect the interests of everyone, like when they talk about how good the economy is, they measure it by stock prices.

I see, makes sense. Though, I am not surprised by Apple being in the top position, they are a company that has earned it. 
    (Despite the degradation of the company culture by Tim Cook, who seems to want to destroy all of Apple's good reputation and make people want to hate a once universally loved company, including myself.)

Thanks for the the information.