How to clean your new Apple Vision Pro

Posted:
in Apple Vision Pro edited February 2

Apple includes a microfiber cloth for cleaning the glass on the Apple Vision Pro, but that's not all you can use, it's not all you will want to, either, but it is one of the safest. Here's what else you can do -- and what you must not.

A white box with a logo and text 'Vision Pro' on a concrete ledge, green bushes in the background.
The Apple Vision Pro box does include a polishing cloth

With the shiny new Apple Vision Pro now in stores, and users are starting to get their devices out of its box, Apple has issued advice -- and a warning -- about keeping them shiny. In a new support document, the company details what ways of cleaning the Apple Vision Pro are safe and recommended, and what ways are not.

"Do not use isopropyl alcohol, Windex, Clorox, or similar products to clean the hard, nonporous surfaces of Apple Vision Pro," begins the document, this this anti-disinfectant warning highlighted at the top of the page.

Only just below that comes a short section about the polishing cloth that comes with the Apple Vision Pro, and the advice to keep it in a clean place. "Backpacks, handbags, pockets, and other places might contain particles that could scratch your device," it explains.

Beyond that, there are ten different sets of cleaning instructions, ranging from how to wipe the front cover glass, to how to look after your polishing cloth.

Most of the instructions are step-by-step ones regarding how to remove an item, such as a Light Seal, and then clean it. Others, such as the cover glass, get only a quite cursory description of wiping down the surface.

The Zeiss Optical Inserts get the least detail -- Apple simply refers owners to the instructions that came with these inserts.

Some of the detail for other elements will be familiar to Apple Watch owners who've had to clean those devices, too.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    "... the document, this this anti-disinfectant warning highlighted ..." What I don't understand about this generation is the amazing number of typo/grammar errors I see in their published work.

These errors are so easily picked up by using simple, inexpensive software grammar-checking tools. Also, listening to text read back (Option-Esc) would audibly point out the "this this".

I am not picking on the author; he had the misfortune of being at the tipping point of my ire. It just amazes me how blatant and frequent such errors have become. The younger generation thinks we are picking on them because they didn't invent the transistor, or laser, or space exploration. They give us Rap "music". But then again, to be fair, they are improving battery chemistry.

I'm avoiding making this rant a commercial for a grammar-checking product so I won't name, names (and there is more than one). It's just that more and more, with professional online posts, newspaper articles, and even headlines, such errors stand out so clearly to non-professional proofreaders. And they take so little effort to avoid. Why not try?

I certainly make mistakes in mine, but I'm not a professional writer. I don't get paid for the quality of my product. But I do make an effort to avoid such mistaks.

Yes, that was a joke.
    edited February 2 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    The polishing cloth. You clean it with the polishing cloth.

(Just check the compatibility list first)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    So a Brillo pad and some Comet won’t do?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Surgeons are looking forward to using this and similar devices.  
    Presumably, the unit would have to be disinfected between uses/patients?  
    Doesn't look like approved methods exist.  
    Assume you cannot expose the unit to high pressure steam. due to temperature and humidity.  
    watto_cobra