Apple Original sci-fi drama 'Invasion' renewed for third season

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    It's a soap opera. A long, boring soap opera. Guy cheats on his wife, girl falls in love with astronaut, tragedy ensues – and every once in a while an alien CGI blob pops up and kills a bunch of people. Pfft.

Too harsh?
    edited February 13 williamlondonForumPostStrangeDaysgrandact73
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Great show and the pacing works as an epic story. It feels like not much happens in the overall story, but there is a lot of character development in the middle. It isn't really that slow, it just the primary plot feels slow paced because it follows so many characters.
    lollivermike1byronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    I'm glad as nothing was resolved at the end of the second season. However, I do hope the third season wraps up the story.
    williamlondonchasmStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,306member
    It's a soap opera. A long, boring soap opera. Guy cheats on his wife, girl falls in love with astronaut, tragedy ensues – and every once in a while an alien CGI blob pops up and kills a bunch of people. Pfft.

Too harsh?
    You’re not wrong, but maybe try increasing your dosage of Ritalin. :smile: 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    rnb2rnb2 Posts: 61member
    Great, now do “For All Mankind”, which has surprisingly not been renewed yet. With the news that production on “Foundation” has been halted amidst budget issues, it’s starting to look like Apple is becoming more budget-conscious with its big sci-fi franchises. If they can maintain the quality of the shows at lower budgets, that’s great, but it would be sad to see such big creative swings hobbled or even cancelled because Apple wants to see an even bigger profit margin on Services revenue.
    williamlondonForumPostwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    There’s slow-burn, and then there’s nothing flippin’ happening. Entire first season: nothing happens. Second season: almost nothing happens. The payoff isn’t there for me. 
    grandact73
  • Reply 7 of 8
    chasm said:

Too harsh?
    You’re not wrong, but maybe try increasing your dosage of Ritalin. :smile: 
    No. Why? What have you heard?
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    1348513485 Posts: 347member
    mike1 said:
    I'm glad as nothing was resolved at the end of the second season. However, I do hope the third season wraps up the story.
    I watch it because...scifi. But now I also read while the show is on. Little kids inexplicably running away, teens walking and walking, and teen alien killer recently undead (?) not being able to kill aliens anymore or remember why, Japanese woman never quite getting love requited by alien-absorbed lover but meeting teen alien killer in alien maze of some sort. I get the multi-stringed, episodic nature of the show, but it's time to wrap the strings up into a blanket, or at least a washcloth.  

watto_cobra