Apple's new smart display, Find My wallet, & AirTag-like trackers on HomeKit Insider

Posted:
in General Discussion

On this episode of HomeKit Insider, your hosts break down the latest rumors surrounding Apple's rumored smart home display, look at some new trackers, and go hands-on with a Find My-enabled wallet.

HomeKit Insider
HomeKit Insider Podcast

Once more, the recent beta of tvOS 17.4 has revealed more information regarding Apple's purported smart home display. At this stage, a release may be sooner rather than later.

The device, known as Z314 internally, is running an A15 Bionic processor. The tvOS 17.4 beta included SwiftUI frameworks and a speific API, which would only be necessary for a device with a display.

Finally, it seems Apple has both development and production versions of this smart device up and running. This may hint at a March release.

LG says users should start seeing AirPlay TVs start to show up in hotel rooms starting this spring. Hotels will need to install a new TV to make this happen, such as LG's Centric Smart Hotel TV.

Finally, Holomarq is launching a new tracker with built in support for Find My.

After the news, we went hands-on with the Journey Loc8 MagSafe wallet which also is able to integrate into the Find My app.

Links from the show

Subscribe and listen to our AppleInsider Daily podcast for the latest Apple news Monday through Friday. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or anywhere you listen to podcasts.

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.

Read on AppleInsider