New renders show what the iPhone SE 4 might look like

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 3

A pair of renders said to be from CAD files claim to show the iPhone SE 4, with the new model seemingly including Face ID and a 6.1-inch display.

CAD renders claiming to depict the iPhone SE 4 [91mobiles]
CAD renders claiming to depict the iPhone SE 4 [91mobiles]

Rumors have claimed that another iPhone SE model is on the way, with a fourth-generation model potentially launching sometime in early 2025 with a radical new design. New renders appear to indicate that some of the claims about the budget-friendly smartphone could end up being true.

The CAD files obtained through "industry sources" by 91mobiles show a device that is similar in design to the iPhone 14. Using a similar frame, it is shown with a 6.1-inch display, a considerable jump from the 4.7-inch screen of the previous release.

Much like the iPhone 13 and iPhone 14, that display will contain a notch, which will house a Face ID module, bringing the facial recognition system to the cheapest Apple smartphone.

Overall, the size of the iPhone SE 4 will be 147.7mm by 71.5mm (5.8 by 2.81 inches), and will be 7.7mm thick. At the base is a USB-C port, but while rumors claimed the inclusion of an Action button, it doesn't seemingly appear in the renders.

Around the back, the biggest difference between the main iPhone line and the iPhone SE continues, with the iPhone SE 4 render showing a single primary camera and no square camera bump.

While renders seem impressive, there's no guarantee that they actually depict what Apple will release for the iPhone SE 4. In nearly every case, they are generated by accessory producers and are based heavily on rumors and speculation.

Rumor Score: Possible

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    thttht Posts: 5,452member
    Like it. Especially the single camera bump.

If it is 5.8", it would provide nice balance to the lineup with the 2024/2025 models being 6.3" and 6.9" inches. But, all rumors are saying 6.1".

Still longing for the days of monolithic slabs like the iPhone 4 through 5S generations. Same thing for iPads. I like monolithic slabs. Heck, the buttons on the sides should be recessed, not sticking out.
    watto_cobrapulseimages
  • Reply 2 of 3
    i-boyi-boy Posts: 3member
    How is this an SE (small edition) it should be like 4.8… I miss the mini 😭
    namethesprucewatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    i-boy said:
    How is this an SE (small edition) it should be like 4.8… I miss the mini 😭
    Totally agree.. I'm enjoying my 13 mini so much but I know it'll only perform well for so long!
    watto_cobra