Apple Watch owners can now update to watchOS 10.4

Posted:
in watchOS

Apple has officially rolled out watchOS 10.4 for Apple Watch owners, with this update primarily focusing on improving user experience.

Apple releases watchOS 10.4
Apple releases watchOS 10.4

The beta versions of watchOS 10.4 did not bring any new features, indicating that Apple is focusing on improving the system's stability and performance. This type of update is essential to maintain the smooth functioning of the devices and ensure that any new features introduced in earlier versions work at their optimal level.

Additionally, back-end updates are likely, especially considering Apple's efforts to comply with the EU Digital Markets Act.

Similarly, watchOS 10.3 did not bring any significant updates, However, watchOS 10.2 brought increased Siri integration and user interface improvements. It allowed Siri to access health data, enabling users to query various health statistics using voice commands.

How to update to watchOS 10.4

1. Ensure the Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to Wi-Fi

2. On your Apple Watch, open the Settings app

3. Tap General

4. Tap Software Update

5. Tap Install if a software update is available

6. Follow the on-screen instructions

How to update to watchOS 10.4 via iPhone

1. Ensure your watch is charged to 50% and connected to Wi-Fi

2. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app

3. Tap General

4. Tap Software Update

5. Download the update if it is available

6. Follow the on-screen instructions

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    iOS_Guy80iOS_Guy80 Posts: 814member
    Is there an advantage to updating with the phone? Why wouldn’t you just use your watch to update?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    davendaven Posts: 696member
    I’m on 8.8.1 with my Apple Watch 3. As long as the battery can hold a good charge, I’ll stick with it
    VictorMortimer
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Hum…one of the features is will require passcode with Apple Pay. I use my watch to pay rather than my iPhone because I don’t have authenticate after putting my watch on. That will kind of suck.
    jrfunk
  • Reply 4 of 8
    alexjennalexjenn Posts: 15member
    daven said:
    I’m on 8.8.1 with my Apple Watch 3. As long as the battery can hold a good charge, I’ll stick with it
    You can't do anything else, since watchOS 8.8.1 is the last OS version the Series 3 is compatible with.

• Reply 5 of 8
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    Hum…one of the features is will require passcode with Apple Pay. I use my watch to pay rather than my iPhone because I don’t have authenticate after putting my watch on. That will kind of suck.
    It doesn't here. (Series 6)
  • Reply 6 of 8
    "…primarily focusing on improving user experience"
    It's about time.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    If you want that feature, you have to turn it on.  It's not on by default.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    You can turn this off if you go to Passcode in the watch app and turn off “Unlock with iPhone”.