Apple AI, visionOS 2.0, iOS 18: What to expect from Apple during WWDC 2024 on June 10

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,249member
    Interesting...
    Ahead of Apple's AI-focused SSDC/24, Gene Munster has sold off every share of Apple he owned.

In a CNBC interview he casually mentions owning Alphabet and Meta stock, no mention of Apple.  The host asks him about his Apple stock too, and the reply is he doesn't own any, having sold it all but not remembering when.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,909member
    keithw said:
    Looking forward to the M3 Mac Studio (probably Ultra) so I can finally retire my 2017 iMac Pro.
    And then the Ultra iMac comes out. LOL
    I hope so even though I just recently bought a M2 Mac Studio Ultra someone should the benefit of the big screen M3 iMac (with Thunderbolt 5?) which will be a bargain my 27 inch 2011 iMac was a great screen plus a computer in one)......
    edited March 27 watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 27

Michae1 said:
    Iteration like a Porsche 911 is what you are going to get from Apple.... If you want a restart every 3-5 years get a Corvette. Imagine what could have been had GM iterated from a 1965 String Ray.....

Yes we all watch MKBHD.
    Who???? :) Did get rid of that Plaid trash mobile?
    edited March 27 watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 27
    gatorguy said:
    Interesting...
    Ahead of Apple's AI-focused SSDC/24, Gene Munster has sold off every share of Apple he owned.

In a CNBC interview he casually mentions owning Alphabet and Meta stock, no mention of Apple.  The host asks him about his Apple stock too, and the reply is he doesn't own any, having sold it all but not remembering when.
    I bought 1,187 shares of Facebook on launch day if I had held on to it would be 586,211 dollars today but sold Facebook and crawled back into Apple.
    edited March 27
  • Reply 25 of 27
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,745member
    Apple really needs to run its ai on the local device. 

Time to up base RAM and storage amounts in concurrence. 

edited March 28 watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 27
    danox said:
    Not much has been said about the Apple Watch besides a possible redesign. How much of an os change can they do?
    Iteration like a Porsche 911 is what you are going to get from Apple.... If you want a restart every 3-5 years get a Corvette. Imagine what could have been had GM iterated from a 1965 String Ray.....
    A Corvette even uglier than a 911?  No thanks.

I know a lot of people will probably be offended, but the 1965 Corvette is NOT a pretty car.  Neither is any 911.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Oh, and WWDC 2024?

New emojis.

A bunch of useless crap 'features' that nobody needs or wants.

"Our biggest release of ... ever!"

Things moving around in System Settings for no reason, making them even harder to find.  I know, sounds impossible now, but Apple will pull it off.

Another small but useful feature gone forever.  Probably not on the level of scroll arrows, but something will be missing, and it will be infuriating.

And bugs.  Lots and lots of bugs.  Old bugs that never got fixed, new bugs that will drive us nuts next year.
    YES! More and newer emojis - who could ask for more? Look at the mess that is iPadOS 17 - in a wasteland between iPaddiness and laptopesque, doing neither any justice. At least add an "Ultra" SKU to the mix that can really be a laptop replacement and let me (the user) deal with any inconvenience of touch target sizes, etc. If you have ever used an iPad as an extended display for your MacBook you KNOW it can run MacOS from a UI perspective.