No iPad Air or iPad Pro announcement on March 26, says Gurman

Posted:
in iPad edited March 21

Rumors of Apple announcing new iPads on March 26, 2024, are wrong, according to Bloomberg writer Mark Gurman.

iPad Pros
iPad Pros

Gurman himself has previously said that there would an iPad lineup refresh at the end of March or beginning of April. More recently, other sources have been more specific, and claimed March 26.

Responding on Twitter/X to one such report, however, Gurman stated only "Not true." He did not elaborate, but also made no comment retracting or altering his previous prediction of an announcement in the coming weeks.

If Apple were to make the announcement at an event on March 26, then typically, invitations would have been sent out around a week beforehand. However, as it did with the M3 MacBook Air, it's likely that whenever it comes, an iPad announcement may be via a press release.

The iPad announcement is expected to include new models of the iPad Pro and the iPad Air, possibly introducing a 12.9-inch model of the latter for the first time. It's also expected that the iPad Pro will gain an OLED screen, and that there may be a redesign for the Magic Keyboard and the Apple Pencil.

Rumor Score: Likely

Read on AppleInsider

hecalder

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Argh! Just release them already! 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,011member
    Of course, if they release new iPads without an event, the same way they did the M3 MacBook Air just a few weeks ago on Monday, the 4th of March, it'll probably be on Monday, March 25, rather than Tuesday the 26th.
    hecalderwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Apple knows the best Mac they are working on now is the M3 iPad Pro.

Imagine a device that thin, with mac os, USB C, 5G, touchscreen, native apple pencil support.

It would be a hit! I would buy it in a heart beat.

If it's just another iPad, just make a press release.
    As an iPad, my M1 iPad Pro will be enough for a very long time.
    hecalderwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    bloomberg gonna bloomberg
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    brianusbrianus Posts: 160member

Imagine a device that thin, with mac os, USB C, 5G, touchscreen, native apple pencil support.
    lol, you macOS-on-iPad guys crack me up. Reminds me of the whole "xMac" fantasy that lived on in comment threads for like a decade and a half (this was supposed to be some kind of modular, hobbyist tower Mac in the Intel era). 

Not. Ever. Gonna. Happen.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member

It would be a hit! I would buy it in a heart beat.
    Nope. Have you tried using macOS on an iPad via Screens or Sidecar or AstroPad, etc with touch and Pencil? It's not a great experience. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I was sent on buying a new iPad OLED Mini Pro.  Now, I will settle for a 11” iPad Pro OLED.  The OLED screen for iPad has been rumored since 2018!