New iPhone comparison page tells you why you need to upgrade

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 25

If you're still on an iPhone 11 or iPhone 12 series model, Apple wants you to know why you should upgrade to one of any iPhone 15 models with a new comparison tool.

Apple's graphic with multiple iPhones, two pink and two titanium, showcasing a new comparison tool.
New iPhone compare page

Customers have always been able to compare Macs, iPads, iPhones, and other Apple products using a simple spec comparison tool built into Apple's website. A new webpage dedicated to potential upgraders with a more streamlined comparison experience has popped up.

The new "Reasons to Upgrade" website was first discovered by 9to5Mac. It provides a simple tool for comparing any iPhone 11 or iPhone 12 generation models to the current iPhone 15 models.

Since it is a more curated webpage, it is focused on potential upgraders with two or three-year-old devices. The text updates on the page represent how the specs differ across the selected devices, but the representative images and video showcasing iPhone 15 features remain mostly the same.

Even if you're coming from iPhone 12 Pro to an iPhone 15, Apple explains why the newer model is an upgrade thanks to things like the Dynamic Island and 48MP Main Camera. These comparison tools wouldn't be as straightforward if they included the iPhone 14 generation.

Apple released the iPhone 15 lineup in September 2023. It is halfway through its release cycle, but that doesn't mean customers aren't looking to buy an iPhone 15, even with an iPhone 16 on the horizon.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    jhalmosjhalmos Posts: 23member
    Well thank dog you didn't link us to the page because that would be helpful.
    602warrendavid | dahoveedbaconstangGrannySmith99watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 14
    jhalmos said:
    Well thank dog you didn't link us to the page because that would be helpful.
    🤣
    david | dahoveedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Apple is really rotten with this campaign. They admit that their sales arey declining and slow. I use iPhone 12. I don’t see any reasons why I should upgrade to 15. and aren’t they lunching iPhone 16 this year? iOS 18 with their AI gimmicks should be only valid for iPhone 16, shouldn’t they? 
    Then why not wait? 
    Apple gets ridiculous. I see their earnings will be poor (at least till their iPhone 16 launch). 
    Hugely disappointed by Tim Cook. 🍎🤢🤮📉
    nubus
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Apple gets ridiculous. I see their earnings will be poor (at least till their iPhone 16 launch). 
    Hugely disappointed by Tim Cook.

Do the automakers give up on promoting their current model cars & trucks just because the release of their new models is right around the corner?!?!
    No, they more intensely advertise their current models and offer incentives for folks to buy them now!

People have stupid and unrealistic expectations concerning Apple. Apple isn't a charity or social service organization. It is an innovative product & services company aiming to make a profit for their wares!!!!

ForumPostwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 14
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,011member
    It was an interesting choice to leave this out of the article, but here's the link: https://www.apple.com/iphone/why-upgrade/ 

It's interesting to note that the page only compares iPhone 11 and 12 models (but not iPhone 13 or 14 models) to the iPhone 15. 

Perhaps this link should be offered without comment as the stock response to the annual whinging about "incrementalism" when new iPhone models come out. 
    nubusForumPostwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 14
    is this a b... JOKE right, that page came from Apple !
  • Reply 7 of 14
    HrebHreb Posts: 83member
    Yup, it says the iPhone 15 Pro has an 11% worse form factor than my 12 mini.  Eh, I'll pass.
    baconstang
  • Reply 8 of 14

Do the automakers give up on promoting their current model cars & trucks just because the release of their new models is right around the corner?!?!
    No, they more intensely advertise their current models and offer incentives for folks to buy them now!

People have stupid and unrealistic expectations concerning Apple. Apple isn't a charity or social service organization. It is an innovative product & services company aiming to make a profit for their wares!!!!

Wow.. You have no clue what you are talking about, aren´t you?
    Most automakers are valued at low P/E for their business and saturation without a clear growth prospect. 
    Apple is still valued as a software company at high P/E (FWD PE: x26). 
    And the phone market is saturated. Tim Cook admitted today that the smartphone market cycle depends on AI. 

iPhone 15 has nothing to do with AI, but Apple tries so hard to promote iPhone 15. Does it make sense? 

I am sure Apple has some "AI weapons", but Apple should have promoted their AI abilities with iPhone 15. 

Poor decision. 

• Reply 9 of 14
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,108member
    When I compare my 12 mini, the 15's specs that count (for me) are width and length.  And the 15 doesn't come close.
    mattinozkiltedgreenwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 14
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    Strange the upsell from 15 to 15pro isn’t very convincing 
    grandact73watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 14
    goofy1958goofy1958 Posts: 165member

Most automakers are valued at low P/E for their business and saturation without a clear growth prospect. 
    And the phone market is saturated. Tim Cook admitted today that the smartphone market cycle depends on AI. 

iPhone 15 has nothing to do with AI, but Apple tries so hard to promote iPhone 15. Does it make sense? 

I am sure Apple has some "AI weapons", but Apple should have promoted their AI abilities with iPhone 15. 

Poor decision. 

Well, concerning automakers - you are the clueless one.  They are all actively promoting 2023 models even though the 2024 models are out and 2025 are right around the corner. None of them are selling very well right now.

So Apple pitching the current iPhone 15 model that is out is bad form? Why would they pitch anything else right now?  What do you expect them to do?  No advertising at all?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 14
    When I compare my 12 mini, the 15's specs that count (for me) are width and length.  And the 15 doesn't come close.
    Another one here.

I bought the mini because I have no wish at all to have some clunking great phone on me when the mini is a perfect size for the kind of phone I want. It may get to the point where I’m “forced” to upgrade but it will be a sad day. I might find a 2nd hand 13 mini instead - though I don’t think they came in the lovely pale green of my 12. Hey ho.
    baconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 14
    goofy1958 said:

Poor decision. 

Well, concerning automakers - you are the clueless one.  They are all actively promoting 2023 models even though the 2024 models are out and 2025 are right around the corner. None of them are selling very well right now.

So Apple pitching the current iPhone 15 model that is out is bad form? Why would they pitch anything else right now?  What do you expect them to do?  No advertising at all?
    Just comparing cars with iPhones makes you ridiculous. 
    A total different price world. 

Apple has never done it before. At least, it is a valid point to ask why Apple has decided to promote iPhone 15. A coincidence? 
    We all know that iPhone 15 series are not selling as expected. 

• Reply 14 of 14
    Ok very helpful page. So I'll keep my iPhone 12 Pro and maybe get a new battery. 
    edited March 27