Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Is this supposed excite anyone?
    williamlondon
  • Reply 22 of 24
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,365member
    maggot777 said:
    Is this supposed excite anyone?
    Why would you think it is? And why is anyone else's excitement or lack of it a concern to you?
    williamlondon
  • Reply 23 of 24
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,365member
    They should build in a percentage calculator so we can easily find percentages out without having to do the math.
    This. I have no use for scientific notation or RPN. But it's nice that Apple might include more in depth features for those who can appreciate them. Beyond that, there are pCalc and others.

I'd really like to see an Official Apple calculator app that's identical across all three platforms – iOS, iPadOS, and macOS. Throw in watchOS, at least for the basic appearance.

It really bothers me that Apple doesn't make a basic app that's the same on iOS and iPadOS. They always have to tart it up, if they even get around to making one, as they did with Weather and others. I miss the days when there was an app that worked on both those OSes.

Percentage calculation would be a nice useful feature that's I'd use often when deciding on where to make a purchase, in adding taxes or discounts or both.

Incorporating currency exchange rates on the fly would also be very handy. A nice touch would be the ability to order how they appear for selection, but I doubt that would even be considered.

I really like the shape of the iOS calculator. The iOS colors don't grab me but I like them in that they aren't silver or black, so pedestrian.

Buttons that change shape would/will annoy me. This is a little Apple thing that shows designers sometimes completely ignore the "just because we can..." paradigm. It makes me think graphics guys thought there's only so much rearranging of icons for no particular reason they can do in the Systems Preferences window.

So Apple, throw in all the advanced features you think suitable. But consider that a large if not the largest number of users are just normal people not needing apps full of features they'll never use. Give me the option of seeing just a plain ol' calculator that does all the functions a serious shopper would want. There aren't that many needed to make the calculator essential to our use.

• Reply 24 of 24
    dutchlorddutchlord Posts: 217member
    Even “resizable window” is considered an innovation? Come on, give me a brake. After years of neglecting the app, suddenly Apple wakes up and adds features all competitors have already for years. Core apps like mail, contacts, ATV are also neglected, lack any update for years and are bypassed by the competition.