Apple Pencil Pro and new iPads are a warning shot at Wacom

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,912member
    macxpress said:
    AniMill said:
    macxpress said:
    If Apple ever makes a 27 or 32" Apple Pro Studio Display that worked with Apple Pencil and was "decently" priced I think that would really hurt Wacom. I just don't know how much of a market there is for Apple to develop such a display. 
    I’ve always said that the Windows Studio PC is what the iMac should have become: a display you can move freely to a tablet layout and Pencil friendly. I really wish the Mac Studio was this.
    Totally agreed. I hope the delay in launching a massive apple silicon iMac is for that reason - to make it the ultimate creative machine. 

When the ms surface desktop came out and was so capable and date I say innovative, I kept wondering how in the world apple could not have gone there first. The creative suite on touch iMac would be fantastic. If apple has any ambitions to take on Adobe, that would be a great start. 
    I don't think Apple has any ambitions of taking on Adobe and I don't think it needs to. This needs to be a separate display, not an integrated display so when the hardware is out of date someone has to buy the display again just to upgrade their hardware. It would be silly IMO for them to make this the iMac and Apple is not releasing an iMac Pro. It makes no sense at all to release an iMac Pro when they have Mac Studio out which is doing extremely well for them. 
    Tell that to the IPhone, Ipad, MacBook, and iMac owners. 

It really doesn’t need to be a separate display. At all. 

But if Apple ALSO added the capabilities to stsndalone displays, great! Win-win. 
    99.9999999% of iMac owners couldn't care less about using an Apple Pencil on their screen. The ones who would are buying Macs that that are designed to do that kind of work such as a Mac Studio or Mac Pro. You will never make sense in your comments with this. You never have and never will. You just keep harping on the iMac Pro coming back and why and it never will dude. Give it up.  
    9secondkox2roundaboutnowwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 23
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 3,013member
    macxpress said:
    macxpress said:
    AniMill said:
    macxpress said:
    If Apple ever makes a 27 or 32" Apple Pro Studio Display that worked with Apple Pencil and was "decently" priced I think that would really hurt Wacom. I just don't know how much of a market there is for Apple to develop such a display. 
    I’ve always said that the Windows Studio PC is what the iMac should have become: a display you can move freely to a tablet layout and Pencil friendly. I really wish the Mac Studio was this.
    Totally agreed. I hope the delay in launching a massive apple silicon iMac is for that reason - to make it the ultimate creative machine. 

When the ms surface desktop came out and was so capable and date I say innovative, I kept wondering how in the world apple could not have gone there first. The creative suite on touch iMac would be fantastic. If apple has any ambitions to take on Adobe, that would be a great start. 
    I don't think Apple has any ambitions of taking on Adobe and I don't think it needs to. This needs to be a separate display, not an integrated display so when the hardware is out of date someone has to buy the display again just to upgrade their hardware. It would be silly IMO for them to make this the iMac and Apple is not releasing an iMac Pro. It makes no sense at all to release an iMac Pro when they have Mac Studio out which is doing extremely well for them. 

But if Apple ALSO added the capabilities to stsndalone displays, great! Win-win. 
    99.9999999% of iMac owners couldn't care less about using an Apple Pencil on their screen. The ones who would are buying Macs that that are designed to do that kind of work such as a Mac Studio or Mac Pro. You will never make sense in your comments with this. You never have and never will. You just keep harping on the iMac Pro coming back and why and it never will dude. Give it up.  
    Being that massively ve amounts of Mac users are creatives, I think you’ll find that statistic quite firmly in the land of make-believe. 

I’ve trained a number of creative teams, all on Mac, who would jump at the chance to do this on their laptops and iMacs. 

It might makes sense to you personally in your chair with perhaps a non-touchscreen Mac mini or Studio. But in the real world where we are using everything at our disposal, a touchscreen/pencil supporting Mac (whether screen is integrated or no) makes  massive sense these days. More so than San ipad running MacOS. 

But hey thanks for letting me know your a follower of mine. A large iMac is indeed the quintessential Mac and it’s about time for it to return - if a pro model with an ultra chip is available, all the better. 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 23
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,912member
    macxpress said:
    macxpress said:
    AniMill said:
    macxpress said:

Being that massively ve amounts of Mac users are creatives, I think you’ll find that statistic quite firmly in the land of make-believe. 

I’ve trained a number of creative teams, all on Mac, who would jump at the chance to do this on their laptops and iMacs. 

It might makes sense to you personally in your chair with perhaps a non-touchscreen Mac mini or Studio. But in the real world where we are using everything at our disposal, a touchscreen/pencil supporting Mac (whether screen is integrated or no) makes  massive sense these days. More so than San ipad running MacOS. 

But hey thanks for letting me know your a follower of mine. A large iMac is indeed the quintessential Mac and it’s about time for it to return - if a pro model with an ultra chip is available, all the better. 

I work in the creative industry (a multi-billion company) so I know very well what Creative professionals use and want. The last thing they want is to use their laptop on a tiny screen as their main source of drawing. They all way the largest screen they can possibly get to do their job, not a small 16" screen. Some also have iPads as well but it's not their main source of design. Why? Because the screen is too small. It's great for some things, and very limited win others.

You just want your god damn iMac Pro back and it's just not coming back dude. Give it up!!!!! It's completely fucking useless and Mac Studio sales run circles around it so I guess the proof is in the pudding there. 
    edited May 17