All of the iPhone 16 Pro Max measurements have been leaked

Posted:
in iPhone edited June 5

A new leak has exactly detailed the size of the iPhone 16 Pro Max and it could have the thinnest borders on a smartphone.

Two iPhones on a red surface, one showing a lock screen with colorful icons at 12:53, the other displaying the back with three camera lenses.
A render of the iPhone 16 Pro

Apple's September update to the iPhone line is currently anticipated to include a size increase for the iPhone 16 Pro Max to 6.9 inches. That size increase could potentially be aided by a decrease in borders.

According to a Wednesday tweet from serial leaker Ice Universe, the iPhone 16 Pro Max will measure 163.024mm by 77.575mm and 8.26mm thick. The screen size will allegedly be 6.883 inches, which correlates with previous rumors.

Compared to its predecessor, the iPhone 15 Pro Max, the new model should be 1mm thicker, 3.1mm taller, and 0.88mm wider. While the iPhone 15 Pro Max weighed approximately 221 grams, the iPhone 16 Pro Max should be slightly heavier, at 225 grams.

However, the leaker adds that there will be an equal-width border on all sides of the display, at 1.153mm. The total bezel including the middle frame will allegedly be 2.146mm.

iPhone 16 Pro Max : 163.024mm 77.575mm 8.26mm, screen: 6.883 inches, equal width on all four sides, panel bezel 1.153mm (S24U 1.55mm), total bezel including the middle frame 2.146mm (S24U 3.38mm).
The iPhone 16 Pro Max will be the world's closest smartphone to a pic.twitter.com/JbQyMo2ZYe

-- ICE UNIVERSE (@UniverseIce)

By comparison, the leaker says the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra has a 1.55mm bezel and a 3.38mm total bezel measurement.

"The iPhone 16 Pro Max will be the world's closest smartphone to a borderless sci-fi form factor," declares the leaker.

The iPhone 16 Pro is also set to be an overall larger device compared to the iPhone 15 Pro. It's allegedly matching the iPhone 15 Pro for thickness at 8.25mm, with a slightly longer 149.6mm and wider 71.45mm frame.

The screen, at 6.3 inches versus 6.1 inches, will also have impossibly thin borders. While the iPhone 15 Pro had 1.71mm thick borders, the iPhone 16 Pro is set to have borders measuring just 1.2mm.

Like the Pro Max, the Pro should also gain a little weight, shifting from 187 grams to 194 grams.

The tweet is a further clarification on another message from the leaker on June 3. At the time, a source apparently told them the iPhone 16 Pro will reduce the bezel size to become the "world's narrowest bezel smart phone."

Among leakers, Ice Universe has a good track record when it comes to displays. In 2020, they said the iPhone 13 would bear a smaller notch.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Not "impossibly thin borders" or they couldn't have been achieved.
    williamlondonnapoleon_phoneapartthtwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Why are we going backwards on weight? The light weight of the 15 Pro for me is its best feature.  
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,020member
    maggot777 said:
    Why are we going backwards on weight? The light weight of the 15 Pro for me is its best feature.  
    Because it’s insignificant especially compared to the features they are prioritizing, like a bigger battery, screen, etc.  The difference  is 4 grams.  You wouldn’t feel 10 times that difference 
    napoleon_phoneapartgilly33watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 915member
    Thank god they're trimming the bezels by 2/100ths of an inch! That extra half millimeter on my 15 Pro has been keeping me up nights. But hey... NEVER underestimate Apple Marketing's ability to make the seemingly insignificant the key, must-have feature. They'll probably brand these as "Magic Bezels" and hire David Copperfield to do a cheeky testimonial that even he can't explain how Apple made them disappear. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,744member
    charlesn said:
    Thank god they're trimming the bezels by 2/100ths of an inch! That extra half millimeter on my 15 Pro has been keeping me up nights. But hey... NEVER underestimate Apple Marketing's ability to make the seemingly insignificant the key, must-have feature. They'll probably brand these as "Magic Bezels" and hire David Copperfield to do a cheeky testimonial that even he can't explain how Apple made them disappear. 
    I mean, why even bother iterating on product design at all? 640k should be enough for anybody.

Everything Apple does is obvious, has been done before, and isn't important. They should just shut down and give the money back to the shareholders. Does that pretty much cover the narrative over the past 40 years?
    radarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    M68000M68000 Posts: 778member
    sdw2001 said:
    maggot777 said:
    Because it’s insignificant especially compared to the features they are prioritizing, like a bigger battery, screen, etc.  The difference  is 4 grams.  You wouldn’t feel 10 times that difference 
    I understand your point that 4 grams is not much.  But 40 grams is like the weight of two phone cases.    But anyway, weight is another reason I went with the lighter 15 model and not the pro
    model.
    watto_cobra