powerbook 12" performance

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by McCrab

The 12" PB is a fabulous machine - great keyboard, bomb-proof case, great design and a sensible price point. Highly recommended over the iBook (particularly the new iBook - the casing doesn't look as good).

Which applications do you want to run under VPC? Have you checked to see that there aren't any Mac alternatives?

I will need to run AutoCAD and Visual Studio for one semester. Anyway, I have the posibility to use a desktop PC most of the time, so that's not really a problem. Is there a good compiler for visual basic (MS) for the mac?

Would realPC (the version that is available now) work on OS X in classic mode?

Is iphoto a real good software (like ACDSee on the pc)?

Thank you for all those replys. I'll probably buy the powerbook in MacWarehouse.de. I'll buy more RAM later. Has anybody had bad experiences with this webshop?
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by future-ex-pc-user

I will need to run AutoCAD and Visual Studio for one semester. Anyway, I have the posibility to use a desktop PC most of the time, so that's not really a problem. Is there a good compiler for visual basic (MS) for the mac?

AutoCAD and MS Visual Studio for PC. There won't be AutoCAD for Mac. Audesk has dropped supporting all other operating systems. AutoCAD R12 was maybe last version, which was available for outside of Windows.

No Visual Basic compiler for Mac. You should start learning C++ and Java. VB is good language for Windows, but if you want to make multi OS programs then Java and C++.

Quote:

Thank you for all those replys. I'll probably buy the powerbook in MacWarehouse.de. I'll buy more RAM later. Has anybody had bad experiences with this webshop?

Buy RAM when you buy computer. OS X needs a lot of RAM. 640MB should be fine.