Apple stock hits new record high after Apple Intelligence reveals

Posted:
in AAPL Investors

One day after the WWDC 2024 keynote, and the debut of Apple Intelligence, Apple's stock price has hit a record high price, reaching $207.15 at the close of market on Tuesday.

A smiling person in a black outfit claps hands, with overlapping dollar bills and a green stock market chart line in the background.
Apple CEO Tim Cook

As usual for Wall Street, the stock price for Apple dipped on Monday after the first day of WWDC. But, after closing on Monday 1.9% down, things are turned around considerably on Tuesday.

At the end of the trading day Apple's stock price hit $207.15, a rise of 7.26% from its opening value of $193.65. During trading, the stock price hit a peak of $206.03 about halfway through which was also Apple's 52-week high at the time before the day's closure.

The stock price surge follows after Wall Street and the public had some time to digest Apple's big WWDC announcements.

Arguably the most impactful announcement was Apple Intelligence, the Cupertino tech giant's push to incorporate more machine learning and generative AI into its products and services. Stock analysts had been lamenting for over a year that Apple was quiet in the space, despite it being obvious for just as long that something was coming.

It is also probable that investors are fond of the idea that Apple Intelligence requires Apple Silicon chips, or the A17 Pro, in order to work. This limits Apple Intelligence to Macs made since late 2020, and the iPhone 15 Pro line and future iPhone models with sufficiently powerful chips.

It was just six days ago that Apple regained its $3 trillion valuation, mostly on the promise of what Apple was at the time about to announce at WWDC. The actual valuation remains hazy, as Apple continuously buys back its stock -- and is in the process of another big buy-back.

In January 2022, Apple became the first company to reach a $3 trillion market capitalization, but then that market cap figure steadily decrease over the next year.

That decrease brought Apple back under $3 trillion, but it happened chiefly because of what were described as investor jitters.

This pattern repeated itself in June 2023, as Apple's valuation went back up over $3 trillion -- only to again fall steadily immediately afterwards.

Apple started the year at $184.93. It had a rough early spring, though, with the stock falling as low as $165.00 on April 19. Those investor sell-offs were over what was perceived to be a lack of interest in iPhone 15 sales, and no visible artificial intelligence plan from Apple.

Just two weeks later, it beat Wall Street expectations for the quarter, increased its dividend, and launched another massive buyback program.

And now, the company has delivered on its promise to release artificial intelligence across the product line, with Apple Intelligence.

Read on AppleInsider

FileMakerFeller

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Long on Apple. 
    ssfe11zeus423FileMakerFelleraderutterdanoxwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 16
    cincyteecincytee Posts: 419member
    Watched the price go down during yesterday's keynote (Apple is doomed!) and then wondered how big the bounce would be today. As it turns out, pretty darn big. My stock account thanks you.
    tmayramanpfaffssfe11zeus423FileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 16
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,500member
    Mission accomplished.
    ssfe11zeus423FileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 16
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,424member
    dewme said:
    Mission accomplished.
    In the "horserace", AAPL trails MSFT by something on the order of $40 B.

Investors appear to see a "supercycle" on the horizon, and I agree with that, though M4 Mac's, as they arrive, will as well see accelerated sales.
    ssfe11baconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 16
    No companies delivered on their presentation, let's see if Apple LLM will be able to. 

Apple is know for underpromising and over-delivering, so I am hopeful.

If they nail it, they will dominate.
    edited June 11 tmayssfe11zeus423baconstangScot1watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 16
    My worth went up more than 7% today. I'm enjoying a fine wine. Let's just say I'm a non-diversified investor. AAPL since 2004. :smile: 
    ssfe11zeus423FileMakerFelleraderutterwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 16
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,318member
    The stock bounce was a given when Federighi donned his hair helmet and led a parachute drop out of the Phil Shiller piloted Apple plane, best intro to WWDC ever.
    edited June 11 FileMakerFellernubussconosciutosflagelradarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 16
    badmonk said:
    The stock bounce was a given when Federighi donned his hair helmet and led a parachute drop out of the Phil Shiller piloted Apple plane, best intro to WWDC ever.
    As much as I am tempted to deem your statement frivolous, I have watched the stock market long enough to know that a company's stock price is affected no matter how ridiculous the idea.

Hopefully more investors will look at AAPL as still being undervalued.
    sconosciutowatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 16
    My worth went up more than 7% today. I'm enjoying a fine wine. Let's just say I'm a non-diversified investor. AAPL since 2004. :smile: 
    Since 2000 and twice more in 2008.

Anytime I am tempted to take my work home with me… I just think of my net worth.

There’s one particular corksoaker at my job I’ve got a hate boner for; next time he tries to throw shade at me imma ask him, “Hey Scott, why *do* they call it ‘fk you money’ anyway?”
    edited June 12 watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 16
    sflagelsflagel Posts: 825member
    If Apple Intelligence delivers (it’s an “if” since app developers need to deliver, too), it will drive the biggest iPhone upsell cycle in the history of the firm. 
    baconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 16
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,867moderator
    Be a judge, not a psychic.  

I don’t have to predict the future, I just have to own excellent businesses and let the future take care of itself.  That’s the reason half my net worth is in Apple stock (12,000 shares).  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 16
    cincyteecincytee Posts: 419member
    Let's just say I'm a non-diversified investor. AAPL since 2004. :smile: 
    Great if you have the time. Some of us, though, need some actual dividends, too. :)
    Scot1williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 16
    danoxdanox Posts: 3,069member
    Long Apple, Apple has the most tools today software/hardware wise under one roof to make good on Apple Intelligence.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 16
    It’s all nonsense, really.  Just a few folks talking a value up and down and betting with someone else’s money on those rises and falls. A company is only worth its assets less its liabilities.  In Apple’s case that is probably pretty good but in many other cases, it isn’t.  Many Silicon Valley companies, stated to be worth billions actually make losses on trading so are actually worthless, at best.  The whole thing is, of course, too big to fail.  It doesn’t stop hedge funds buying up companies, taking out the assets and shutting the thing down, losing huge numbers of jobs.  Who cares, though?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 16
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,373member
    sflagel said:
    If Apple Intelligence delivers (it’s an “if” since app developers need to deliver, too), it will drive the biggest iPhone upsell cycle in the history of the firm. 
    If current developers don't deliver they will get disrupted by new developers taking clean sheet approaches. 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Lets first see if Siri will actually be smart with Apple Intelligence on the next iPhone. If not Apple will be punished with low sales and even lower stock price.