Is Apple Intelligence artificial?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    1348513485 Posts: 362member
    mattinoz said:icles. 
    Yes it is great that there is some longer from content being produced but yes DED does tend to repeat a lot assumptions. It is like there needs to be equivalent to the old school sidebar articles use to have to breakout background for the article a familiar reader is already across and can skip over or wind back to. 
    I don't think his periodic mention of the repeated misinformation of the tech media, picked up by the mainstream media, is unwarranted. They have kept repeating the same tropes, without any actual information, for years. Keep calling them out. If it bothers you, don't read it.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 24
    dmitribdmitrib Posts: 1member
    Another great article by DED --Dan, you've been the best tech journalist I know of since I started reading you back at Roughly Drafted. Great to have you writing again. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Dan_DilgerDan_Dilger Posts: 1,584member
    Thank you, readers, for the kind comments. I really appreciate you for sharing your thoughts and (mostly!) writing positive remarks. I always look forward to reading what you have to say. 
    appleinsideruserwilliamlondonwatto_cobraafkpuz
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Love the article and the keen insight you always bring to the news of Apple! My only complaint is that we've had to wait 2 months for the next article! ;-) 

But seriously, AI has been an exciting, but un-unified look into the future of tech. The possibilities are endless and Apple seems to be one of the only companies that could take this trendy new tech and turn it into a model with sustainable growth.

One of Apple's key strengths is taking a complex, technical platform that already exists and casting a coherent vision of how average people could actually use it. Like the smartphone. The smartphone existed before apple made the iphone, but the platform lacked direction and vision. No one except business people and a few tech enthusiasts had smart phones before iphone. After iphone, everyone has one, including grandmas and poor college students. Apples vision for smartphones helped make smart phones accessible and desirable for everyone. 

Apple is doing the same thing with AI, like it's done with so many other platforms before: casting a vision on how the tech could be used by the masses, not just by those on the cutting edge.