Apple's back to school 2024 promotion begins this week

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 17

Apple is notorious for not providing discounts on its products, but the annual back-to-school promotion offers some relief with gift card bonuses that could arrive before Friday.

A person seated on the ground using an iPad
Apple to begin its back-to-school 2024 promotion soon

The details of the 2024 promotion aren't yet available. In 2023, Apple offered gift cards to customers that purchased a Mac, MacBook, or iPad under educational pricing -- up to $150 in value.

According to a post from Bloomberg, Apple's 2024 back-to-school special will begin sometime this week. There are no other details beyond a potential start date.

Regardless of Apple's promotion, there will undoubtedly be better deals to be had from other retailers. AppleInsider is tracking extensive promotions resulting in hundreds in savings from popular storefronts.

Get a head start on back-to-school shopping

Although Apple's anticipated back-to-school gift card promo is enticing, there are far better deals in effect now on the latest Macs. Save up to $520 on M3 / M3 Pro / M3 Max MacBook Pros or grab an M3 MacBook Air from $899. There are hundreds of exclusive markdowns in effect now in our Mac Price Guide. Closeout models are on sale too, with blowout deals knocking up to $1,000 off the original price.

Even iPads are heavily discounted, with the latest M4 iPad Pro and iPad Air 6 up to $100 off in our iPad Price Guide. Those looking for the most aggressive deals can save up to $550 on a variety of iPad models at Best Buy as well.

And unlike Apple's student discount, you don't have to be a student or faculty member to qualify for the deals at Apple resellers.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    M68000M68000 Posts: 773member
    Back to school ??  LOL.  FYI,  school just ended and summer is just starting in a few days where I live.
    nubus
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,381member
    These days, most students would probably want a discount on an iPhone more than Macs.  And yet, Apple has never given student discounts on iPhones from what I understand.  Not sure why.  It's not merely a phone-only.  The amount of things it can be used for at school is pretty enormous.  

So basically, I think Apple should give student discounts to students on pretty much all its products, not just Macs.  Or at the very least say, "Buy a Mac and we'll knock xx% off a new iPhone if you buy them together."  The student discounts are too limited as it stands now.  I know because I have a daughter in college and a son entering college in the Fall.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ITGUYINSDITGUYINSD Posts: 521member
    jdw said:
    These days, most students would probably want a discount on an iPhone more than Macs.  And yet, Apple has never given student discounts on iPhones from what I understand.  Not sure why.  It's not merely a phone-only.  The amount of things it can be used for at school is pretty enormous.  

So basically, I think Apple should give student discounts to students on pretty much all its products, not just Macs.  Or at the very least say, "Buy a Mac and we'll knock xx% off a new iPhone if you buy them together."  The student discounts are too limited as it stands now.  I know because I have a daughter in college and a son entering college in the Fall.
    Like other sales, it should be just a Back to School sale, with discounts given to everyone.  I know students are targets because people think they don't have money (yet go to high cost colleges and universities), but then again, lots of regular people nowadays don't have a lot of money either.