Apple TV+ gifts PlayStation owners a three-month trial offer

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited July 21

Sony PlayStation 4 or 5 model users who have a PlayStation Network account and have or create an Apple ID can get a three-month free trial of Apple TV+, the company's on-demand video service.

A television screen displays a streaming service interface with various show thumbnails, including Ted Lasso, next to a gaming console and controller.
PlayStation 4 and 5 owners can enjoy Apple TV+ through their console.

The new promotion runs until September 22, 2024. Apple partnered with Sony to run a similar promotion during the pandemic in 2021 that offered a six-month trial, but typically offers new users a one-week tryout period.

The Apple TV+ service aims for mainstream but high-quality TV shows, movies, and other programming. Apple just received a record 72 Emmy nominations across a wide variety of its current programming.

To sign up for the offer, owners can open the Apple TV app available on their devices. For the PlayStation 4, the app is in the TV and Video section, while PlayStation 5 owners can find it i the Media Home.

Users should open the app on their PlayStation and follow the on-screen instructions, which will require either an existing Apple ID or creating one. Following the trial, users can opt to maintain their subscription to Apple TV+ for $10 per month.

An Apple One subscription that bundles several Apple services together for one price is also available.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,675member
    Is this a US-only offer? Many Apple TV offers front he past were US-only.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I suppose it would be asking too much to get a three month "free" period on my existing Apple TV+ subscription, huh? ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jvm156jvm156 Posts: 23member
    why is ted lasso always the show they promote? couldn't pay me to watch that. They have tons of great shows
  • Reply 4 of 4
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,477member
    I suppose it would be asking too much to get a three month "free" period on my existing Apple TV+ subscription, huh? ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    You mean apart from its massive popularity and boatload of awards it won? No idea. :smiley: 

But the picture at the top of the story isnโ€™t an ad from the current offer. It just happens to be a stock picture of a) Apple TV and b) a PlayStation.

Apple is currently promoting its current hits, like Slow Horses, in its ad campaigns. Ted Lasso, as fine as show as it was, is old news now.
    watto_cobra