Civilization VII is coming to Mac in early 2025

Posted:
in macOS

The next entry into Sid Meier's Civilization franchise will make its way to macOS in February 2025, bringing another turn-based strategy title to the Mac.

Sid Meier's Civilization VII title with metallic letters on a dark background featuring subtle decorative elements.
Civ VII coming to macOS in 2025

Civilization VII, or Civ VII for short, is a turn-based strategy game developed by Firaxis Games and published by 2K. It's set to land on Mac, Windows, and SteamOS/Linux on February 11, 2025.

Civ VII allows players to construct cities and architectural elements, expand their territory, improve their civilization with technological breakthroughs, and conquer or cooperate with rival civilizations.

In addition to announcing the release date, the developers have shared a gameplay reveal trailer on YouTube.

The game offers an immersive solo experience as well as online cross-platform multiplayer. Up to five players are supported in the Antiquity & Exploration Ages, while up to eight players are supported in the Modern Age.

Currently, there is no word on what the system requirements will be. Players can preorder the basic edition now on Steam for $69.99, the Deluxe edition for $99.99, or the Founders Edition for $129.99.

The Deluxe Edition offers advanced access on February 6, 2025. It also includes the Tecumseh and Shawnee Pack, the Crossroads of the World Collection, with post-launch content featuring two new leaders, four new civilizations, four new wonders, a special cosmetic bonus. It also provides additional content including two leader personas, four profile customizations, and one alternate scout skin.

The Founder Edition provides everything that the Deluxe Edition does, as well as the Right to Rule Collection, with post-launch content featuring two new leaders, four new civilizations, four new wonders, and a cosmetic bonus. It also includes an additional two leader personas, four profile customizations, one fog of war tile set, and one Founders palace skin.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,519member
    Sounds like no iPad version this time, unless I missed it.

That’s a bit of a bummer — iPad is my preferred way to play civ 6.

ill still get the Mac version though.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,949member
    I’ve messed around with a couple of the Civilization games, but they aren’t really my thing. However I’m hoping they had Christopher Tin do the music again. Baba Yetu and Sogno di Volare are two of my favourite pieces. I’d love to see what he comes up with next
    edited August 21
  • Reply 3 of 5
    brianmbrianm Posts: 44member
    blastdoor said:

It might come later - the Civ 6 version was pretty recent compared to it having been on the computers for a while.

Very glad they are still doing the Mac version (unlike Blizzard who seems to have abandoned Mac development)

• Reply 4 of 5
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,519member
    brianm said:
    blastdoor said:

It might come later - the Civ 6 version was pretty recent compared to it having been on the computers for a while.

Very glad they are still doing the Mac version (unlike Blizzard who seems to have abandoned Mac development)

Thanks — good point.

I’ve read some reviews and I’m a little disappointed that the AI hasn’t been improved. I was hoping that would be an area of emphasis.  I guess they could later add cloud based AI to multiplayer, but I was hoping AI improvements would have been a focus from the start. Alas 
  • Reply 5 of 5
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,681member
    Did anyone ask Firaxis why it is not available through the Apple App Store? I want to hear it from them, even if it makes Apple look bad.