Customers can now extend AppleCare+ up to 45 days after it expires

Posted:
in General Discussion

Apple has recently increased the number of days a customer can extend their AppleCare+ coverage to 45 days, up from the previous 30.

AppleCare+ plans can now be extended up to 45 days after they expire in Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

According to the AppleCare+ coverage document, first spotted by MacRumors, the coverage can continue 24 or 36 months, or on a monthly or annual basis until canceled.

You can check when your AppleCare+ coverage expires on your iPhone or iPad by heading to Settings > General > About > Coverage. On Mac, click the Apple Menu, then head to System Settings > General > About.

The information should also be available through Apple's Support Page.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    After scrutinizing its actuarial tables, Apple figured it will rake in way more dough in AppleCare+ charges than the piddling amount going out for the occasional repair.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,137member
    Has anybody figured out the extension time limit? The T&C mentions "until cancelled" but I have to think you can only extend AppleCare+ until the computer goes Vintage. I can't find that listed explicitly.
    macxpress
  • Reply 3 of 3
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,902member
    mknelson said:
    Has anybody figured out the extension time limit? The T&C mentions "until cancelled" but I have to think you can only extend AppleCare+ until the computer goes Vintage. I can't find that listed explicitly.
    I wonder this as well. I still have my AppleWatch 5 on AC+ as a monthly payment. I've already used it once to get my watch replaced for free when the battery said it needed to be replaced. So can I just keep paying for AC+ until I don't wanna pay it anymore or will they eventually tell me they can no longer support the watch? 

I do the same thing on my 14" M1 Pro MacBook Pro