Exclusive: every iPhone 16 & iPhone 16 Pro camera spec & Capture Button detail revealed

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,958member
    gatorguy said:
    DAalseth said:
    Nice. But, and I know this will be ‘heresy’ to many, I worry how having a case on will affect all Capture Button functions. I’m one of those rare few (i.e., clumsy) that need a case on my phone 
    That’s a very good point. I always keep my phone in a case too, and for the same reason. It’ll be interesting to see how the manufacturers deal with this.

EDIT: I am going to add one thing. If they were going to bump one of the cameras to 48mpxl I do wish it was the 5x camera.
    Me too! Do Android phones have 48mp 5x zooms?
    Yes. The most recent would be the Pixel 9 series. 

"Pixel 9 Pro and Pixel 9 Pro XL share the same best-in-class pro triple rear camera system to get the best photos and videos ever on a Pixel. And the new 48MP 5x telephoto lens has an upgraded sensor that improves autofocus so you can get sharper images — even with low light.

These two phones also have a new 42 MP front camera, so you’ll get sharper and brighter photos in low light. Plus, with a wider field of view, you can get the perfect group selfie."

The Pixel 8 Pro also had a 48mp 5x zoom, but using a different sensor from the 9's (I think).

Ugh, why is Apple always playing catchup these days.
    This has been reality since around 2017.

Apple has chosen to drip-feed its users with new camera features. Other phones have been bringing all the camera related technological advances to market and leaving Apple to implement them much later on. 

Noise was a terrible problem for Apple in low light situations and only relatively recently has it improved. When they finally switched to larger sensors, the overall quality of images actually decreased according to some well known internet folks (like Marques Brownlee for example) because the computational side of things needed time to be 're-tuned' to the new sensors. Lens flare would also appear to be an issue. 

Apple won't change that until competition forces it to, so users will just have to live with the situation. 

Things will obviously improve from one model to another but I wouldn't bet on those improvements coming at any more than a snail's pace. 

• Reply 22 of 22
    This just isn’t enough for me to upgrade from my 15 pro max. I’m getting tired of the incremental updates, they need a revolution and innovation.
    Exactly, it should toast bread, vacuum rugs, wash and dry clothes.

Align your expectations with reality.

There hasn’t been much in the way of groundbreaking innovation since Jobs passed. 
    Typical troll comment ("Apple is doomed without Steve Jobs"), and stupid to boot completely ignoring all that's been done since then. Good god.
    roundaboutnow