'Ted Lasso' season 4 is showing signs of life

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited August 27

After months of will-they won't-they in interviews and press junkets, it appears that Warner Bros. has picked up options of some of the main characters of the show, in preparation for a fourth season.

Jason Sudeikis as Ted Lasso
Jason Sudeikis as Ted Lasso

A new report claims that Warner Bros. has picked up the options on Hannah Waddingham, Brett Goldstein, and Jeremy Swift. Waddingham was AFC Richmond owner Rebecca Walton. Goldstein was the stern Roy Kent, and Swift played the team's director of football operation.

The report from Deadline on Saturday suggests that the next steps following the pickup will be to start reaching out to SAG-AFTRA members like Jason Sudeikis and Brendan Hunt.

There are still many other steps. There does not yet appear to be a budget, and scheduling is the enemy of any production. The report claims that early preparations to fire up a writer's room are being made.

In theory, this would all point to an early 2025 start of production. As you'd expect, there is no comment from Warner Bros. or Apple TV+ on the matter.

Series star Brendan Hunt points to an encounter with Tim Cook when asked about a possibility of a fourth season.

Hunt mentioned an anecdote when Cook visited the set one day. When he had a chance to speak in the locker room, reportedly said, "Thank you for all your hard work, and I sure hope there's a Season 4."

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,253member
    Nooo! 
    The story arc is finished. Please let it not be another of those American shows that gets milked well past the grave.
    sphericappleinsideruser602warrenmike1watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tshapitshapi Posts: 372member

Sounds more like a spin off is in the works, not a continuation. 
    entropys said:
    Nooo! 
    The story arc is finished. Please let it not be another of those American shows that gets milked well past the grave.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    entropys said:
    Nooo! 
    Be a goldfish man. There's alway another story to tell. I'm all in on this.  

*slapping the 'BELIEVE' sign*
    gadgetfreak-applewatto_cobraMacPropscooter63
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I’d love to see a good spinoff as long as it’s more in line with the first two seasons. Season three was so frustrating. “Sunflowers” was one of the series’ best episodes but for the rest of the season almost every character arc just fell apart and came to an utterly disappointing conclusion. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,386member
    Back when the series was ending, I thought I heard something about a spinoff focused on Roy. Maybe this is the start of that.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Meh. So glad the original 3 season story arc concluded. It was brilliant.

A new season will be a fresh story so it's not a bother. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    entropys said:
    Nooo! 
    Doesn’t mean there can’t be a new arc!