How to watch Apple's iPhone 16 'Glowtime' event

Posted:
in iPhone

Apple's hotly-anticipated iPhone 16 event is just around the corner, with it capturing the world's attention on September 9. Here's how to watch the event.

Bronze iPhone with three rear cameras and an Apple logo on an orange background
How to watch Apple's iPhone 16 event live

Apple has officially announced that the iPhone 16 event will take place on September 9, 2024, at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET). The event will be held at the Steve Jobs Theater on Apple's Cupertino campus and live-streamed online for global audiences.

We'll be covering the event live here at AppleInsider. There are several ways to watch the iPhone 16 event live along with us.

How to watch the iPhone 16 event live

The most direct way to watch the event is via Apple's official website. Apple hosts a live stream on its Events page, accessible from any web browser. Visit the Apple website a few minutes before the event starts to join the live stream.

The Apple TV app is an excellent option for watching on a larger screen. The app will feature a dedicated section for the event on Apple devices, smart TVs, and other streaming platforms.

Open the Apple TV app, navigate to the "Apple Events" section, and find the live stream.

Apple also uses YouTube for its event streams, making it easier for a broader audience to tune in. The live stream will be prominently featured on Apple's official YouTube channel.

Set a reminder on YouTube to get notified when the event is about to start.

Finally, Apple shares highlights and live updates on its social media platforms, including Twitter (X) and Instagram. While these platforms may not stream the entire event, they will feature critical moments and announcements.

The upcoming iPhone 16 event is expected to unveil a range of new features, including enhancements in camera technology, such as a vertical camera arrangement and potential expansion of the 48MP sensors across more models. The Pro models might see a slight increase in screen size, and introducing the A18 Pro chip will likely boost AI capabilities.

A new Capture button is expected to be introduced across all models. The Action button may be expanded to non-Pro versions.

Importantly, all iPhone 16 models will see the introduction of Apple Intelligence. Apple Intelligence introduces several new features, including smart notification management, the ability to summarize both voice messages and text, advanced writing tools, integration with ChatGPT.

Specific features may take time to roll out -- such as the upgraded Siri. Most are expected to arrive with iOS 18.1, though.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Great the color is old oranges now 🤦‍♂️
    williamlondon
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,150member
    Great the color is old oranges now ߤ榺wj;♂️
    I wouldn't take some taste-challenged mocked up website graphic as gospel, especially relating to pre-release rumors.

That's like 2-3 suppositions you are accepting as fact which is super silly in 2024.
    edited August 27
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I thought it would be filmed/produces  as immersive so I can watch on Apple Vision Pro :-)
  • Reply 4 of 5
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,950member
    Gotta be at work so I can’t be watching a video. MacRumours is going to be posting a Liveblog that I can check every few min. wish AI or CoM were doing it, but it is what it is. 
  • Reply 5 of 5
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,554member
    DAalseth said:
    Gotta be at work so I can’t be watching a video. MacRumours is going to be posting a Liveblog that I can check every few min. wish AI or CoM were doing it, but it is what it is. 
    https://www.theverge.com/2024/9/9/24236176/apple-iphone-16-liveblog-apple-watch-x-airpods-keynote