Limited outages are affecting Apple Books and Mac App Store

Posted:
in macOS

An outage has hit Apple's services, affecting some users trying to access the Mac App Store and Apple Books.

System status page on a red smartphone, showing available services with a green dot and two current outages with a red triangle.
Apple reporting outages for some services

Starting at 12:15 p.m. eastern on Tuesday, August 27, Apple acknowledged an outage affecting its Apple Books and Mac App Store. It is currently unknown how widespread the outages are, as some AppleInsider staffers could still access the services.

Apple hasn't provided a reason for the outage beyond "Users may be experiencing a problem with this service." On its System Status page, it notes that the issue is currently being investigated.

As for the rest of Apple's services, such as iCloud, Apple Music, and Maps, seem to be functioning as intended.

AppleInsider will update this post as events warrant.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2

As for the rest of Apple's services, such as iCloud, Apple Music, and Maps, seem to be functioning as intended.

I would not say this. iCloud Drive and Mail are both out for me. I can connect to Mail, but deleting messages gives me an error. I also cannot download offline files from iCloud Drive.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Having issues with US listed stock news feeds in stock app (on macOS), but not foreign stocks and ADRs.  

Quick look at CISCO Internet Outages Map shows problems in recent hours with a boatload of servers and network interfaces (mostly in or near US, or London).  Wonder if another software update problem is happening?  Most seem to affect CISCO interfaces or Microsoft Azure (if I'm interpreting website correctly).  Most US outages appear to be in Chicago, Washington state, Washington DC, Miami and near or in Texas (may be just over the border in Mexico).  
    https://www.thousandeyes.com/outages/   

May be fixed or intermittent.  Think I'll defer any additional web browsing for a few hours, and delay looking at email.  

edited August 27