Facebook ad partner may have tried to listen into your conversations

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,563member
    DAalseth said:
    iOS could add an inspection function to every app’s EULA. It would allow the user to access Apple Intelligence to “chat” with the EULA text before hitting the consent button. This would at least make it much more difficult for the app makers to hide important info in there, whether in cryptic language or small print.
    Woah, you actually came up with a practical use for AI. One that would do some good in the world. One that I might actually use. +10
    I agree. I'd never considered doing so using the AI I already have. Well guess what... It works! I did a back and forth on "specific concerns with Apple's/Google's privacy policies" and the examples it came up with for each of them were a dose of reality. 

Using AI to cut through the legalese is a wonderful idea. 
    edited September 4 muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 22 of 22
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,129member
    gatorguy said:
    DAalseth said:
    iOS could add an inspection function to every app’s EULA. It would allow the user to access Apple Intelligence to “chat” with the EULA text before hitting the consent button. This would at least make it much more difficult for the app makers to hide important info in there, whether in cryptic language or small print.
    Woah, you actually came up with a practical use for AI. One that would do some good in the world. One that I might actually use. +10
    I agree. I'd never considered doing so using the AI I already have. Well guess what... It works! I did a back and forth on "specific concerns with Apple's/Google's privacy policies" and the examples it came up with for each of them were a dose of reality. 

Using AI to cut through the legalese is a wonderful idea. 
    To be clear, it isn't going to "cut through the legalize" but it can make it easier to find what might be problematic. No one wants to read a verbose, long legal document to find something they might not care about, but AI could find specific pages/ paragraphs that identify a specific term. Then you have to read it and evaluate it.

See also eg:

dewme