'Total War: Empire' set to conquer the App Store this fall

Posted:
in iOS

Creative Assembly's strategy classic "Total War: Empire" will be marching onto the iPhone in the fall.

Soldiers in brown uniforms with muskets, engaged in a battle scene near a wooden fortification in a forested area, with smoke from gunfire engulfing them.
Total War: Empire [macOS]
Total War: Empire

is part of the Creative Assembly's long line of real-time strategy games, based on historical events and civilizations. After being available on desktops, including Mac, for over a decade, it's finally making its way to mobile gaming.

Total War: Empire tasks players with leading European powers during an era of rapid scientific advances in the 18th century. Playing as one of eleven factions, they must fight to secure footholds on new continents while maintaining power at home, through diplomacy or on the battlefield.

Handled by Feral Interactive, the iOS release is being made with touch controls and a redesigned user interface to work with the compact screen. It also promises a variety of quality-of-life features to help with mobile-based gameplay.

A release date and pricing has yet to be set, but it will be released on the App Store in the fall. It is also available in the Mac App Store, priced at $29.99.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    This game has been available on macOS for over a decade, and it still doesn't have an App Privacy Statement, even though it has been through four updates. Very suspicious, and I'm sad that Apple allows this. And I'm sad that AppleInsider doesn't consider security/privacy issues to be worth noting in its articles.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    So this game heard of CIV VII and was, “oh yeah let’s release on mobile”
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    This game has been available on macOS for over a decade, and it still doesn't have an App Privacy Statement, even though it has been through four updates. Very suspicious, and I'm sad that Apple allows this. And I'm sad that AppleInsider doesn't consider security/privacy issues to be worth noting in its articles.
    Wrong.

This game has not been updated for four years on macOS.  The requirements for Privacy Statements came after the last update to this game.  See screenshot from macOS App Store below.

edited September 5 Penziwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I guess AppleInsider won't allow the upload of pictures...  Failed 4 x times in a row.  Search for the title in Apple's macOS App Store & look at Version History.
    ForumPostwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Total War is a series that exists for more than two decades now, Total War Empire is out for 15 years now but you think them launching mobile is because of a game that's not even out yet?

Yeah sure, let's ignore the fact that they already released a few of their older titles to mobile such as medieval or Rome.

Civ and Total War can't be compared either because Total War is first and foremost a real time strategy game with round based elements sprinkled in between battles. No one that ever played it considers it a 4x like Civ or CK

If this is a rage bait..it worked
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Total War is a series that exists for more than two decades now, Total War Empire is out for 15 years now but you think them launching mobile is because of a game that's not even out yet?

Yeah sure, let's ignore the fact that they already released a few of their older titles to mobile such as medieval or Rome.

Civ and Total War can't be compared either because Total War is first and foremost a real time strategy game with round based elements sprinkled in between battles. No one that ever played it considers it a 4x like Civ or CK

If this is a rage bait..it worked
    Not rage bait based on the description it sounded similar to Civ which is why I made the comparison (I haven’t heard of Total War). Also companies do that all the time when they hear of a release of something popular they try to release (or in this case port) things early to gain some of the hype.
    watto_cobra