Thinner & lighter Apple Watch Series 10 arrives with new design, sleep apnea detection

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    So… the a18… just a rebadged a17 pro? 
  • Reply 22 of 44
    nubusnubus Posts: 569member
    Since Tim Cook is leading Apple it is all about money and not innovation. 
    Inane nonsense. The accessibility features are by definition innovative.

The accessibility features are required by EU directive 2019/882.
    iOS 18 is the last chance for Apple to stay compliant
    edited September 9
  • Reply 23 of 44
    Love Rose Gold. Finally able to go from 44mm Rose Gold Series 6 to the new 46mm Rose Gold Series 10. Ordered immediately after the event. Plumb Sport Loop.

Sleep Apnea detection is a big deal.
    edited September 9 watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 44
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,475member
    Just the usual incremental upgrades. I dunno why people are complaining. If their iphones are great, then stay with them otherwise get a new iphone with latest features. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 44
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,475member
    I noticed that oxygen sensor is not mentioned. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 44
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,561member
    Sightly thinner and slightly bigger screen. Yep, I'll hang onto my Apple Watch Series 6 for another year. Can't complain, Apple has done my wallet a favour once again with such an iterative and unimaginative update.
  • Reply 27 of 44
    10% thinner is not thin enough for me and the main product photo Apple is using for the watch makes it look misleadingly thin. 
  • Reply 28 of 44
    10% thinner is not thin enough for me and the main product photo Apple is using for the watch makes it look misleadingly thin. 
    Personally I'd have preferred the same thickness with a decent battery life boost. Each to their own.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 44
    saarek said:
    Personally I'd have preferred the same thickness with a decent battery life boost. Each to their own.
    Make up your mind. Is it thin enough or not? Why are you so wiffle-waffley?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 44
    dk49dk49 Posts: 279member
    What a disappointment. So much for the hype of AW completing 10 years. 
  • Reply 31 of 44
    saarek said:
    Sightly thinner and slightly bigger screen. Yep, I'll hang onto my Apple Watch Series 6 for another year. Can't complain, Apple has done my wallet a favour once again with such an iterative and unimaginative update.
    Well I wouldn't call a 30% thinner screen "slightly thinner." To me, 30% is pretty substantial. It's a hell of a lot thinner than my Ultra.

Edit: Almost every update is iterative. The only non-iterative update I can think of is either iPhone X or Watch Ultra or AirPods Pro. Going from Series 9 to Series 10 is no different than going from Series 8 to Series 9. Going from Series 6 to Series 10 is definitely not iterative. There is a huge difference between Series 6 and Series 10.

edited September 9 watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 44
    saarek said:
    Make up your mind. Is it thin enough or not? Why are you so wiffle-waffley?
    I can only assume you misunderstood my comment. I am happy with the thickness of the previous generations and would personally have preferred better battery life over a thinner case.
  • Reply 33 of 44

I wish they would announce that Siri and Maps wont be stupid anymore with “Apple Intelligence” 🙏
    Maps is #1 these days. Preferred over Google. You’re brain stopped learning new things back when apple first launched baby maps way back. Whole new world these days. 

Siri wasn’t brought along the way it should have. But it seems apple intelligence is overcompensating for that snd siri will be pretty great. 
    I guess you don’t live in Europe or Asia? 
    Google Maps is miles better.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 34 of 44
    These announcements are so boring now days. Just one big commercial announcement. Used to be live and raw. Now carefully crafted and packaged to be non offensive as possible. So boring. 
    I agree...they built this beautiful theatre at Apple Park and now they never use it so they can make these preproduction announcements that in IMO are over produced. I'd rather just see a live event.  
    DaPaleRiderScot1
  • Reply 35 of 44
    saarek said:
    Well I wouldn't call a 30% thinner screen "slightly thinner." To me, 30% is pretty substantial. It's a hell of a lot thinner than my Ultra.
    Read it again.
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 44

I wish they would announce that Siri and Maps wont be stupid anymore with “Apple Intelligence” 🙏
    Maps is #1 these days. Preferred over Google. You’re brain stopped learning new things back when apple first launched baby maps way back. Whole new world these days. 

Siri wasn’t brought along the way it should have. But it seems apple intelligence is overcompensating for that snd siri will be pretty great. 
    You're wrong! Apple Maps is NOT number one these days or preferred over Google. Apple Maps is still behind in many things and I still have many wrong directions compared to Google Maps. Just two days ago, Apple Maps didn't know about the new updates or detours happening on the route I was going, as I trusted Apple Maps to be, and led me right into the wrong way. Hoped on Google and, sure enough, had all the updated information and the right way to go around the detour. Apple is still behind. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 37 of 44
    " The depth app will tell you how far you have dived while underwater."

I'm impressed! The author is one of the rare persons who know what the past tense of the verb "dive" is.

No it's NOT "dove" (that's a bird) any more than the past tense of the verb "live" is "love". 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 44
    I'd be happy with just a press releases at this point.
    nubus
  • Reply 39 of 44
    If the SE wasn’t updated why is it also available for Pre-Order? 
  • Reply 40 of 44
    eightzero said:
    There goes all your bands
    Nope - compatible both ways.  Can use old bands on new watch & vice-versa.
    watto_cobra