iPhone 16 Pro gets bigger and better with improved cameras and Apple Intelligence

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    So, now even the regular 16 Pro has the 5X camera and no 3X camera. So, the range from 48mm to 119mm can't be covered at a reasonable resolution. Why? Just to say there is a 5X zoom without mentioning that 3X and 4X are going to be crappy? That isn't an "upgrade". It is a serious downgrade. So dumb. 
    edited September 9 muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 22 of 39
    Why do those who criticize the presentation waste their time coming here to post about it?! lol! When I don’t like something I’m gone! I don’t waste time by writing a paragraph about why I’m unhappy lol I’m gone! That’s the first indication of those with sinister hidden lintentions lol. anyhow Ill take 5 iPhone 16 Pro Max please! Apple Intelligence….Let’s go!!
    edited September 9 StrangeDaysronndanoxwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 39
    I’m not getting left behind. I’m all in for Apple Silicon AI MacBooks and Apple Intelligence iPhone 16. Lets go!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 39
    ssfe11 said:
    Why do those who criticize the presentation waste their time coming here to post about it?! lol! When I don’t like something I’m gone! I don’t waste time by writing a paragraph about why I’m unhappy lol I’m gone! That’s the first indication of those with sinister hidden lintentions lol. anyhow Ill take 5 iPhone 16 Pro Max please! Apple Intelligence….Let’s go!!
    You just complained about those people complaining.
    mikethemartianzigzaglensgrandact73
  • Reply 25 of 39
    DAalseth said:
    DAalseth said:
    Remember when everyone was saying this was going to be a Live event? Wasn’t. Another marketing film. 
    My takeaway?
    iPhone Pro is good, I’m not sure the ProMax is worth it for me.
    AppleWatch 10 is a nice upgrade. Likely will go for that.
    Apple Intelligence: Still want to turn most of that S*** off. 
    We have gone over this before. It's off by default, you have to opt in to use it. At this point you are just looking for something to complain about. 

There is no reason to assume that. I will believe it when I see it. 
    It isn't an assumption. Apple has public stated that it is the case and it is how the beta works but by all means, dig that hole a little deeper. 
    ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 39
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,561member
    I know that people want an exciting update, I do too! However, the simple fact is that iPhones, Apple Watches, Air Pods, etc, are all simply iterative updates now and that's really how it has to be. They are mature product lines now, after all. 

Simply accept that if you keep your phone for the 4 years+ you will be happy with the new iPhone that you eventually get and you will get a good upgrade at that time.

But even that new phone will not feel like a game changing device to you. The iPhone 14 Pro Max that I got 2 years ago was a good example of this. It was obviously better than my iPhone XS Max in almost every way (I actually preferred the glass design of the XS Max), especailly in terms of battery life and camera options, but it certainly didn't feel next level in any way.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 39
    Infinity Blade still looks better on an iPhone than any of the recent demos  :D
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 39
    dk49dk49 Posts: 279member
    I believe there's no Pro 16 software feature of Apple Intelligence that won't be available on 15 Pro Max?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 39
    dk49dk49 Posts: 279member
    eightzero said:
    idea: next year, I'm hoping siri with AI can watch this live event and send me a 3 paragraph summary. will save me nearly 2 hours of being marketed. that's apple intelligence
    Glad that my 15 Pro Max is basically as good as new 😅
  • Reply 30 of 39
    charlesn said:
    Yawn what a boring new phone! I swear Apple is so behind the curve on innovation. They spent the whole event trying their hardest to speak about subtle changes that could have been said in 5 minutes instead of 2 hours.
    Yawn. What a boring new post! The 1990s called and they want you back--that's about how long people have been claiming that Apple is "so behind the curve on innovation." Meanwhile, investors--you know, those people who don't post baseless drivel on tech websites but instead actually put their own money behind what they think about a company--have made Apple the most valuable company on Earth. But yeah, nothing to see here. 
    I’m also a long term Apple investor and I must say the last few years have been really boring and dull as far as innovation and evolution. They need to reinvent. The company has lost its edge and now competitors are making if not better android platform phones. Do I have hope for Apple? Sure. I believe they will eventually breakthrough again but man the last few years are boring and their stock reflects that as well.
    pulseimages
  • Reply 31 of 39
    I’m always amazed at the criticism around these events. I’m not sure what the critics actually want. A phone that wipes for you?

Samsung is infamous for throwing out new features that are half-baked but make a splash only to have them disappear in a generation or two. Sometimes they get refined to be generally useful as well. That’s not Apple.

The Dynamic Island, Action Button and now the Capture Button are all useful, if not earthshaking innovations. Crash Detection, Satellite SOS and now messaging are invaluable if you need them. Hardware Ray Tracing. Even USB C on the Pro Phones is far more capable than just charging and simple data transfer. 

Phones are a mature technology. advances will mainly be iterative especially in hardware. The iPhone 16 is a significant upgrade on the iPhone 15 and the 16 Pro is a modest upgrade on the 15 Pro. Given that people keep their phones for two or three years or longer, that’s fine.
    Agreed. I’ve the feeling that if some of these trolls were napping, it’s because this cycle’s update’s aren’t aimed at them — and per usual, their opinions don’t amount to much more than weird carping.

Both I (iPhone 16 Pro Max) and my partner K (iPhone 14 Pro Max) see the advantages for what we do, which are photo and video heavy, as well as development and gaming. Other partner J has recently switched to the iPhone Pro, for similar reasons. Plus, there’s finally a reason for us to update the network at home with WiFi7 in the near future (we luckily live in a confluence of 5G UW points, as well).

If you’re in any kind of upgrade program, this is simply a no-brainer.
    edited September 9 StrangeDaysronnbadmonkssfe11watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 39
    ssfe11 said:
    Because people are social humans and like to share their thoughts and ideas with others about subjects. Just like Facebook has groups for it this page has an Apple community.
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 39
    I’m always amazed at the criticism around these events. I’m not sure what the critics actually want. A phone that wipes for you?

Samsung is infamous for throwing out new features that are half-baked but make a splash only to have them disappear in a generation or two. Sometimes they get refined to be generally useful as well. That’s not Apple.

The Dynamic Island, Action Button and now the Capture Button are all useful, if not earthshaking innovations. Crash Detection, Satellite SOS and now messaging are invaluable if you need them. Hardware Ray Tracing. Even USB C on the Pro Phones is far more capable than just charging and simple data transfer. 

Phones are a mature technology. advances will mainly be iterative especially in hardware. The iPhone 16 is a significant upgrade on the iPhone 15 and the 16 Pro is a modest upgrade on the 15 Pro. Given that people keep their phones for two or three years or longer, that’s fine.
    There was a time when Apple events were filled with excitement and they often brought something that no one expected. Under Cook it is just iterations of the same thing. it's fine but boring and can de done in a lot less time. He has been great for the stock price but now it is starting to catch up with him. All the time on Titan and the Vision thing while a lot has passed Apple by like actually being leaders in AI instead of just renting it from openAI and trying to milk users for an upgrade.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    eightzero said:
    idea: next year, I'm hoping siri with AI can watch this live event and send me a 3 paragraph summary. will save me nearly 2 hours of being marketed. that's apple intelligence
    Why watch a 95 minute products announcement if you aren’t interested in it? Of course they’re going to sell you on their value proposition. That’s the point. 
    tmayronnbadmonkwatto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 39
    All those complaining: what do you want that was missing?

The iPhone 16 Pro got a large battery life improvement, large performance improvements in processing & memory bandwidth, improved thermal management, faster USB-C, larger screen, stronger glass, smaller bezels, new capacitive button, higher resolution ultra wide sensor, tetraprism telephoto lens, improved main camera, WiFi 7, improved mics, etc.

The main hardware improvements not provided that I can think of would be getting rid of the Dynamic Island, upgrading the front & telephoto cameras, and adding under-screen TouchID. What else is there, really?
    StrangeDaysbadmonkwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 39
    centaur said:
    This was definitely underwhelming.  The stock market seems to agree.  To me: really no new health features in Apple watch, plus no Ultra 3.  So is there a reason to go from an Ultra 2 to a 10?  The phone:  no 2TB option (at least that I saw), and not a ton of "gotta have" features.  I will probably trade the 16 Pro Max anyway to get the new battery and the better power efficiency (if true), but nothing huge.

Sleep apnea is literally a new health feature.

Dedicated capture buttons and UX are welcome. Fastest iPhone yet. Longest battery life yet. Tons of camera and OS features only possible with new processors. But yeah it doesn’t look like a triangle, or whatever it is the whiners need to be happy these days. Tip: find meaning elsewhere in life. 
    ronnbadmonkssfe11watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 39
    bulk001 said:

There was a time when Apple events were filled with excitement and they often brought something that no one expected. Under Cook it is just iterations of the same thing. it's fine but boring and can de done in a lot less time. He has been great for the stock price but now it is starting to catch up with him. All the time on Titan and the Vision thing while a lot has passed Apple by like actually being leaders in AI instead of just renting it from openAI and trying to milk users for an upgrade.
    Errnnt. People have complained about this for over a decade. Here’s Gruber (14 years ago!) writing about why incremental, iterative development is simply how Apple rolls:

https://www.macworld.com/article/205387/apple-rolls.html

…nobody expects consumers to upgrade every year. But when you do, you get a lot of value. 

tmayronnbadmonkwatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 39
    There are too many spoiled people here complaining about these amazing devices. Only Apple gets this crud from the peanut gallery. There are so many other products that change very little and do the exact same thing and people go crazy. For example cars or clothing. Why don't you just come out and say you want a new style? That's it if it just looked different then I would like it more. It is almost like we are talking about women's shoes here. 
    danoxssfe11ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 39
    danoxdanox Posts: 3,236member
    ssfe11 said:
    You just complained about those people complaining.
    You must admit that on many forums, and on YouTube comment sections, I’m not upgrading because has become Legion. Everyone is on different upgrade cycles let people who want to upgrade enjoy.
    edited September 10 ssfe11ronnwatto_cobra