Apple Watch Ultra 3 & new Apple Watch SE expected to ship in 2025

Posted:
in Apple Watch

Following the Glowtime special event that didn't deliver an Apple Watch Ultra 3 update, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo forecasts the obvious, saying that it, and a new Apple Watch SE will arrive sometime in 2025.

Smartwatch on a wrist displaying multiple complications, such as date, weather, and activity metrics, with a finger touching the screen.
Apple Watch Ultra

Apple's special event on Monday did include Apple Watch changes, but not on a massive scale. The expected upgrade to the Apple Watch Series 10 was accompanied by a new color of Apple Watch Ultra 2.

The relatively empty Apple Watch slate of updates is unsurprising, at least to TF Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. Posting to X on Tuesday, Kuo proclaims to have gotten his prediction from one year ago correct, that there wasn't going to be a big Apple Watch Ultra update in 2024.

In October, Kuo wrote that there wasn't any development work done on the next Apple Watch Ultra model at the time.

Kuo said it was an "unusual" situation given Apple's usually lengthy product development schedules. At the time, he offered that the possibility of a 2024 release was unlikely.

While there's little chance of an Apple Watch Ultra 3 in 2024, Kuo continues his tweet by stating the obvious. The analyst proposes that it will be shipping in 2025 instead, alongside the similarly absent Apple Watch SE upgrade.

Consumers therefore have a long wait ahead of them before being able to use a new Apple Watch Ultra model, but it may miss out on a key feature.

Early rumors expected a microLED display in the Apple Watch Ultra in 2025, though it seems that the project may be dead. If true, it could continue to use an OLED display.

Rumor Score: Likely

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Apple better have made some improvements to explain why they couldn’t just reuse the case and replace the chip and add sleep apnea.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    NO oxygen functions on Ultra2?? My 0riginal Ultra still rocks like a champ. I’ll keep my $ for now
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    The SE wasn't updated and yet it was still showing as available for pre-order on the Apple store. Was there a change in price or refresh of the band options or something? Not sure why it would show as a pre-order if nothing has changed...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    46mm Apple Watch Series 10 is the Ultra 3.
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Apple better have made some improvements to explain why they couldn’t just reuse the case and replace the chip and add sleep apnea.
    Sleep Apnea detection is part of watch OS 11 and works on Series 9, Ultra 2 as well as the new Series 10 models.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Sleep Apnea detection is part of watch OS 11 and works on Series 9, Ultra 2 as well as the new Series 10 models.
    Like I said no oxygen function makes a lot to pass. As type2 diabetic it would be a tremendous help for non invasive measurement of blood sugar w/o poking every day. Probably will propels sales to the roof as well….just my 2 cents 
    watto_cobra