Tim Cook says iPhone launches are an 'out-of-body experience'

Posted:
in iPhone

Apple CEO Tim Cook joined late night host Jimmy Fallon for a walk and talk on the day the iPhone 16 range came out.

Two men in hats conversing near a food cart, one wearing a striped sweater, the other in a solid-colored shirt holding a phone on a selfie stick.
Jimmy Fallon (left) with Tim Cook in New York City

"The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" host is a long-time Apple user, and for the iPhone 16 launch, was at the Fifth Avenue Apple Store. He was presented with the iPhone by Tim Cook, and then the two walked a mile together to the Apple Upper East Side store.

"Every launch, I try to come to Fifth Avenue because its sort of the center of the world," Cook told Fallon, "and the enthusiasm is so incredible there [and] I love walking around New York."

Fallon asked about how it feels to have fans screaming at him like he's a rock star.

"It's an out-of-body experience," continued Cook. "I just remind myself that their love is for Apple, and I just happen to be the person that they attribute it to."

As well as "The Tonight Show" camera crew, the walk and talk was filmed by Fallon using an iPhone on a selfie stick. Regarding the new iPhone, Fallon asked Cook what he was most excited about with it.

"I'm excited about all of it, to be honest with you," said Cook. "Apple Intelligence is coming next month, and... it'll start with things like summarization of your e-mails, which is huge for me because I get hundreds a day."

Fallon appeared to film the conversation using an iPhone 16 Pro Max. That model has been shown to have the best cameras in the world for recording video.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I like the two security guys trailing them in the background trying to act casual. 
    chrisbkk
  • Reply 2 of 3
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,721member
    New iPhone time is always an exciting time.  
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,399member
    I like the two security guys trailing them in the background trying to act casual. 
    And more in front of them too, I'm sure.