AirPods Pro 2 get bug fix update for third time in September

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited 3:30PM

Apple has released a firmware update for the AirPods Pro 2 to improve the performance and stability of the wireless earbuds.

AirPods Pro 2
AirPods Pro 2

The update includes build number 7A305. Apple's release notes simply state that it is a bug fixes and other improvements update only for AirPods Pro 2 with either Lightning or USB-C.

On September 18, Apple released the second firmware update for the AirPods Pro 2 in as many weeks, and Thursday's update marks a third in quick succession.

The new firmware is installed automatically for users. Manual updates are not available. The firmware will install itself when the AirPods Pro 2 are placed in a charging case and connected to an iOS device.

How to check your AirPods firmware version

AirPods users can check the current firmware for their audio accessories by accessing the Settings app on their iPhone or iPad.

1. Open the Settings App

2. Select General

3. Select About

4. Select the AirPods you wish to view

5. A menu will appear showing relevant device information

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,155member
    I've been hearing a very faint beep when putting them (Pro 2) in my ears sometimes, which some people said they heard when then put them in the case. Either way, this is a much smaller issue for me. 

I mostly hope one of these fixes my disconnects in the gym, it's definitely been more frequent since the iOS18 update. It used to be maybe 1-2 times a year, it's been every time since, one will be playing and the other not, or they don't sync on the same transparency mode, or it just disconnects and plays on my phone, annoying and somewhat embarrassing to figure out where it's playing exactly when you're in a crowd lol. 

It appears they messed up a few things with the new firmware that went with iOS18 and added the head shakes and stuff. Hope this is a quick fix for that. 
    edited 5:30PM Alex1N
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Great that Apple has a decent lifecycle for audio products. Meaningful upgrades are so much better for consumers than incremental hardware updates every year - I wish they would extend the cycle for Macs, iPhone's and watches as it’s ridiculous how the latest and greatest mobile and wearable computing gear is outdated in one calendar year. That said, an improved AppleTV is well overdue!