Verizon wireless service is disrupted across a large area of the US

Posted:
in iPhone

Verizon customers are discovering their iPhones aren't properly working on the network, in an outage that seems to have affected hundreds of thousands of customers.

Verizon logo in large white letters with a red checkmark on the right, set against a dark industrial background.
Verizon logo

Mobile phone networks can have the occasional downtime or outage, and they are usually limited to specific areas, a selection of customers, or a short period of time. For Verizon on Monday, it seems that the outage is quite serious.

Users have taken to social media to complain that they can't connect to the network. The comments generally ask if the network is down for anyone else, with devices seemingly deregistering from the network.

Reports to Downdetector have also spiked considerably. Following two hours of reports, the count spiked considerably to over 100,000 reports.

So far, Verizon hasn't publicly acknowledged the network issue. Given the number of complaints, it is likely to be aware and working on fixing the problem.

AppleInsider will continue to check the service status as the outage continues.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Now it’s Verizon’s turn after back to back ATT outages 
  • Reply 2 of 6
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,967member
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Still down got to a rep said I don’t know how to use my phones? Really? That is there reply? 
  • Reply 4 of 6
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,286member
    I’m finding the older iPhones on my family plan are still working, it’s the newer ones that aren’t. I was on Verizon’s website when everything tanked and now I can’t even log back in. WiFi is working but restarts if phone and using airplane mode not helping. Time to relax and not be bothered by anyone. 😉
  • Reply 5 of 6
    The iOS 18 satellite messaging has kept my family in touch while regular cellular went down.  Just upgraded my wife's phone yesterday and this morning she was complaining that her phone was stuck in satellite mode, but that turned out to be a good thing!
    edited 2:33PM
  • Reply 6 of 6
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,286member
    Just FYI, it’s not affecting only iPhones, it’s affecting other manufacture's phones so I doubt it has anything to do with the cellular Apple Watch issue.