"Opaque" iBook Owners (now with lots of pics)

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    I gotta agree; the opaque models are nicer and just more practical for Apple's target with the iBook: kids, college students, schools, and every day folks who just actually use the computer. My older Snow iBook already had a couple of light paint scratches on the inside. Looks like they fixed that with the latest-generation Ti and iBooks, but the plastic all-over is a good call.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Damn do I love the iBook.

It's like a large, Apple-branded Chiclet.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Those are great laptops. The new iBooks look like ass in the previous photos, but look quite sleek in murbot's. I hope murbot doesn't go through women like he does macs. Life in the fast lane.

iBook is a great design.

Except for putting all the ports on the left, which is idiotic. But in a parrallel universe, there's an iBook with at least one USB port on the right, and it's perfect.

• Reply 24 of 29
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    No, I'm hosting these pics for someone at Ars... they don't have a way to put them online for posting at the Mac Achaia, so I have them in my iDisk... it's NOT my iBook.

• Reply 25 of 29
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    my buddy calls these new ibooks the stormtrooper books
  • Reply 26 of 29
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

No, I'm hosting these pics for someone at Ars... they don't have a way to put them online for posting at the Mac Achaia, so I have them in my iDisk... NOT my iBook.

But you'll be getting one soon so it doesn't matter...

• Reply 27 of 29
    ransomedransomed Posts: 169member
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this already, but the opaque finish on the iBook is the same as the iMac's half-spheric base... Which is pretty cool 8)
  • Reply 28 of 29
    so, do ALL the combo drive models have translucent finish except the new 900mhz?

as i decided i want to get a combo but also settled on wanting the opaque finish as its more durable and i wont mistake my ibook with my fiances ibook (his is old style finish)

but unless there is a revision of the 700 or 800 combo that has opaque somehow, then i need to get a 900mhz! which is pricy unless i'm lucky on the refurb store

or i guess i could get the cd only and buy an external cdrw. if so anyone got any sub £100 recommendations?
  • Reply 29 of 29
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Here are the opaque models:

700 MHz G3, CD-ROM drive, 16 MB Mobility Radeon 7500, 20 GB hard drive, 128 MB RAM, 12" screen

800 MHz G3, CD-ROM drive, 32 MB Mobility Radeon 7500, 30 GB hard drive, 128 MB RAM, 12" screen

900 MHz G3, Combo drive, 32 MB Mobility Radeon 7500, 40 GB hard drive, 128 MB RAM, 12" screen

900 MHz G3, Combo drive, 32 MB Mobility Radeon 7500, 40 GB hard drive, 256 MB RAM, 14" screen

The transparent-colored ones are:

All 500 and 600 MHz models

All 700 and 800 MHz models which have Combo drives