'Ted Lasso' season 4 confirmed in industry listings

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV

The first concrete evidence of Apple TV+ breakout hit "Ted Lasso" returning for a new season has surfaced in a production database.

Jason Sudeikis as Ted Lasso
Jason Sudeikis as Ted Lasso -- image credit: Apple

It was the show that made Apple TV+, and it was the show that even Tim Cook hoped would return for a further season after it appeared to conclude in 2022. Now following first rumors of the cast being contracted for a return, the show has appeared in a TV industry listing.

The Production List, maintained by the Film & Television Industry Alliance (FTIA) has now added "Ted Lasso (Season 4) to its list of shows in production or development. Most details are redacted in the publicly-viewable version, but it says that shooting is to take place in London and unspecified locations in the United States.

It further says that the shoot date is January 6, 2025. There is only one date and it is not specified as the start, but this is not a one-day shoot like the Ted Lasso pep talk with Stephen Colbert.

For as well as saying "Season 4," the show is specifically listed as being a series. Beyond that, the listing has only a generic description of the show.

The claimed shoot date is in line with the most recent rumor about the show, which said that it would begin filming in London from early 2025.

Neither Apple nor the show's production company have announced the further season. Consequently, there are no details regarding how the story is set to continue, nor whether this will be followed by a fifth run.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    m4m40m4m40 Posts: 11member
    I hate to say that, but I feel like they shouldn’t have. 
    I loved Ted Lasso, and it was exactly what we all needed during the COVID times, but it had an ending, a decent one too. Let it rest and end as a great show.

With all the budget cuts in ATV, the money should be spent elsewhere so ATV doesn’t go down the Netflix path (2-3 seasons and a cliffhanger cancellation).
    scampercom
  • Reply 2 of 2
    m4m40 said:
    …it had an ending…
    Yup, in my mind it ended. It “appeared to conclude” in 2022 because it did conclude. No interest in an artificial extension (and Sudeikis seems to agree, from what I’ve read elsewhere).