Apple pushes watchOS 11.1 update to public, primarily focusing on bug fixes

Posted:
in General Discussion

It's time to update your Apple Watch again -- Apple has officially released watchOS 11.1.

watchOS 11
watchOS 11

The beta builds of watchOS 11.1 didn't have any significant new features, suggesting that Apple is concentrating on enhancing the system's underlying stability and performance. This kind of update is crucial for maintaining the smooth operation of the devices and ensuring that new features introduced in previous versions operate at their best.

In mid-September, Apple rolled out watchOS 11, which brought a few new key features to Apple's flagship wearable. New features included customizable Activity Rings, advanced health monitoring with the Vitals app, and the new Training Load tool for athletes.

Additionally, users can enjoy a revamped Photos Face, smarter widget functionality with the Smart Stack, and innovative safety features like Check In.

How to update to watchOS 11.1

1. Ensure the Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to Wi-Fi

2. On your Apple Watch, open the Settings app

3. Tap General

4. Tap Software Update

5. Tap Install if a software update is available

6. Follow the on-screen instructions

How to update to watchOS 11.1 via iPhone

1. Ensure your watch is charged to 50% and connected to Wi-Fi

2. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app

3. Tap General

4. Tap Software Update

5. Download the update if it is available

6. Follow the on-screen instructions

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 407member
    I sure hope this resolves the lousy battery life on my series 8. 
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Where is the old Chronograph Watch Face??? To me one of the most stylish and elegant watch faces. Chronograph Pro is not a replacement. Who needs Mickey Mouse on an expensive watch!?!? Just rediculous ....