60GB, $399 nomad Zen.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    ipod clustering.... now your talking
  • Reply 22 of 29
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Yes. Want a redundant RAID Array and listen to your favorite tunes, just cluster the ipods
  • Reply 23 of 29
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

I believe Gates said that 640 kbytes would be enough.

Widely debunked as urban myth.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I see... well, thanks for pointing that out.

BTW I heard about some guy who made a RAID out of zip drives... he just connected a pair of zip drives to his computer and was able to store a single 180 MB file on two disks.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Is it just me, or does it seem incredibly strange that in the title of this article they say "...Versus Just 7,500 Songs in the Most Expensive Apple iPod"

What is this world coming to when an MP3 player is said to hold just 7500 songs...wow...

• Reply 26 of 29
    unbelieverunbeliever Posts: 31member
    i think Toshiba had Mp3 player with changable HDD, i`ll try to find some pics
  • Reply 27 of 29
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Behold, the Toshiba Gigabeat!

Unfortunately, the HD upgrades are NOT economical - the 5 GB PC card hard drive is really expensive as it is. Like $300 or something. So that kind of kills the expandability because it's cheaper just to buy a newer, larger MP3 player. But maybe they've come down in price since they first came out.

BTW, it looks ugly in that picture but I don't think it's nearly as bad as it looks because that remote and the headphones are right next to it and they make it look cluttered. Try to look at just the device... it's actually pretty cool.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    marloemarloe Posts: 26member
    Hmm. toshiba...that is mighty nice looking, but the 5Gb is not worth it. Maybe if it wass a 30 like the iPod it would compete..

I know Philips has a 15 GB beta version being tested now...looks mighty nice, black, glass, metal...called the HD100.

Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Behold, the Toshiba Gigabeat!

Unfortunately, the HD upgrades are NOT economical - the 5 GB PC card hard drive is really expensive as it is. Like $300 or something. So that kind of kills the expandability because it's cheaper just to buy a newer, larger MP3 player. But maybe they've come down in price since they first came out.

BTW, it looks ugly in that picture but I don't think it's nearly as bad as it looks because that remote and the headphones are right next to it and they make it look cluttered. Try to look at just the device... it's actually pretty cool.

• Reply 29 of 29
    I'm sorry, but this Nomad Zen SCREAMS of Me-Too-ism. It doesn't help Creative Labs that they mention Apple's iPod about 10 times...