Impeachment

Comments

• Reply 21 of 65
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

tonton you amaze me.

Thank God for the change in Iraq. How would you like to be in one of Saddams holding chambers or raped by his son.

The people of Iraq have been left crumbs while Saddam had palace after palace built for him and his thugs.

Wake up to the fact Iraq will be a better country after this. Yes it is clear you don't care for Bush. So WHAT!

Look at South Korea as compared to North Korea. The south is advanced and in great shape compared to the North with it's slave camps.

I don't know your political ideas but if you are left leaning I don't understand how you can not be happy for the Iraqi people. They have a chance to build up their country for themselves not Saddam.

Fellowship

In other words, the ends justify the means. If jesus really existed, he would be spinning in his grave.
  • Reply 22 of 65
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

In other words, the ends justify the means. If jesus really existed, he would be spinning in his grave.

Yes BR the ends justify the means. Care to prove otherwise?

Fellowship
  • Reply 23 of 65
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

I don't remember hearing anything about Afghanistan attacking the US.

Well I am a good teacher, and a willful debater but if you can live in New York City and not understand what occured, well then I think you are pretty much beyond reasoning on this issue.

Let's see what a few members of the opposing party are likely to bring up as evidence during impeachment hearings.

Quote:

"In 21 days, we eliminated somebody who for 20 years has repressed and tortured his own people and posed a serious security risk," Daschle said.

Note the "we" that darn discredible Daschle should resign and fly to Belgium immediately for trial.

Quote:

Rep. Bill Janklow, R-S.D., also praised the military effusively and said the doubts of skeptics before the war started had been disproved.

"They said the Republican Guard was this vaunted fighting force; it got slaughtered," Janklow said. "They ran for their lives."

Those darn war-mongering Democrats...they are just part of the c..o..n...spiracy.

Nick
  • Reply 24 of 65
    Quote:

So how long should the Bush admin have to find WoMD before we can question the motivation for the war? Does the fact that there is so much pressure on them to find something increase the likelihood of evidence being fabricated?

Can at least "you" stop with the "what are you allowed to do crap" You are an adult correct? you can think on your own. You don't have to ask Al Gore if you can raise your hand or Hillary Clinton if you can go down the hall and use the restroom. So grow up and stop this "can we" business. It is all over the left as if the left is a bunch of 1st graders in the head. I would sincerely wish and hope you folks are adults and just BSing with the childish language.

You can make up your own mind any time you wish to answer your question. I can't believe you were serious with that question. As far as fabricated that will not work. You should know that.

Fellowship
  • Reply 25 of 65
    Quote:

Yes BR the ends justify the means. Care to prove otherwise?

Fellowship

Just preserving this post...Stalin.
  • Reply 26 of 65
    Quote:

Can at least "you" stop with the "what are you allowed to do crap" You are an adult correct? you can think on your own. You don't have to ask Al Gore if you can raise your hand or Hillary Clinton if you can go down the hall and use the restroom. So grow up and stop this "can we" business. It is all over the left as if the left is a bunch of 1st graders in the head. I would sincerely wish and hope you folks are adults and just BSing with the childish language.

You can make up your own mind any time you wish to answer your question. I can't believe you were serious with that question. As far as fabricated that will not work. You should know that.

Fellowship

We live in a time where if you question the president and/or his motivations, you are labeled unpatriotic or a traitor. It happened to members of congress that wanted to know how Bush intended to spend the money he asked for and it happens to citizens that speak out. He is completely justified in asking when he is allowed to speak.
  • Reply 27 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

We live in a time where if you question the president and/or his motivations, you are labeled unpatriotic or a traitor. It happened to members of congress that wanted to know how Bush intended to spend the money he asked for and it happens to citizens that speak out. He is completely justified in asking when he is allowed to speak.

It is not the rule BR and you know that full well.

Fellows
  • Reply 28 of 65
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    I hope they impeach him but it seems unlikely. My hope is that once he is out of office in 2005 and travels somewhere outside the US, a brave nation should arrest him and charge him with war crimes and put him away for a very long time. People like him take time to be rehabilitated.
  • Reply 29 of 65
    Quote:

It is not the rule BR and you know that full well.

Fellows

Really? Patriotism doesn't mean blind support for the president these days? Are you sure? Bah. You live in a ****ing fantasy land.
  • Reply 30 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

I hope they impeach him but it seems unlikely. My hope is that once he is out of office in 2005 and travels somewhere outside the US, a brave nation should arrest him and charge him with war crimes and put him away for a very long time. People like him take time to be rehabilitated.

yeah Bush = Bad.

Saddam = Good.

This is why I never take the left serious.

Fellowship
  • Reply 31 of 65
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    Quote:

Actually, I was interested in your opinion on how long the wait should be - bearing in mind that Hans Blix wanted 120 days for key disarmament tasks (back in March) - before a full inquiry is made.

Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook As far as fabricated that will not work. You should know that.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that no government ever gets away with lying to its people...
  • Reply 32 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Really? Patriotism doesn't mean blind support for the president these days? Are you sure? Bah. You live in a ****ing fantasy land.

Patriotism is viewed behind the lenses of the beholder. For some it is the Flag. For others it is the lives lost on our behalf. For yet others it is the fact we are not governed by Britain 4th of July. For others it is a party. For others it is a duty. Yet others it is an idea of thankfullness for what our country stands for. (that too can vary depending on the person)

So realize it depends on which American you ask.

Fellowship
  • Reply 33 of 65
    Quote:

Patriotism is viewed behind the lenses of the beholder. For some it is the Flag. For others it is the lives lost on our behalf. For yet others it is the fact we are not governed by Britain 4th of July. For others it is a party. For others it is a duty. Yet others it is an idea of thankfullness for what our country stands for. (that too can vary depending on the person)

So realize it depends on which American you ask.

Fellowship

You live in the ****ing fantasyland if you believe that your view of patriotism is mainstream.
  • Reply 34 of 65
    Quote:

yeah Bush = Bad.

Saddam = Good.

This is why I never take the left serious.

Fellowship

STOP THINKING IN BLACK IN WHITE GOD DAMMIT!

Bush = Bad

Saddam = Worse.

There, happy?
  • Reply 35 of 65
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Let's keep personal flaming out of this thread.

The fact is, impeachment is a real possibility. There has been an impeachment movement against Bush throughout the entire course of this "lying to start a war" issue.

There is substantial evidence that Bush either lied or was grossly negligent in his duties leading up to this war of questionable intentions.

Here is a link for those of you who would like to see an investigation:

http://www.votetoimpeach.org/

Here's another one:

http://www.impeach-bush-now.org/

And more:

http://zzpat.tripod.com/cvb/

http://www.impeachbush.tv/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/impeach-bush/

http://www.impeachbushbumperstickers.com/

http://democrats.com/elandslide/peti...m?campaign=911

And there are dozens more.

I'll just say this. It's ridiculous. He acted with congressional approval. That's all he needs. In fact, he may not have even needed that. That's the end of the debate. Any and all arguments about this are 100%, completely invalid.
  • Reply 36 of 65
    Quote:

Actually, I was interested in your opinion on how long the wait should be - bearing in mind that Hans Blix wanted 120 days for key disarmament tasks (back in March) - before a full inquiry is made.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that no government ever gets away with lying to its people...

I think we live in a modern and tech rich media rich society with many groups and orgs who would shed light on an attempt to fool the world by Bush. Nobody gets away with this these days. Bush has many years ahead of him and would not want 10 years from now or less to be found guilty of such a thing. He would be in prison.

The funny thing about those of you on the left is that you don't give Bush any credit. You prejudge everything Bush. You are wrong most of the time as a group. Give Bush enough credit that he does not want to be put in prison himself. I mean really.

He doesn't

If he had some way to make it look like Iraq had something they did not have he would be guilty of some serious charges and I would join you on the left at that point.

The problem is that we are not at that point and you lefties are crying all over the place as if Bush is guilty.

Fellowship
  • Reply 37 of 65
    tonton:

"Unfortunately, Powerdoc is correct in assuming no action will really be taken, which is a shame. Bush clearly started a pre-emptive war, which is, in fact, illegal."

Show me where? You are just making shit up. Does it then follow that all legislators who voted for the authorization resolution should be recalled?
  • Reply 38 of 65
    Quote:

I think we live in a modern and tech rich media rich society with many groups and orgs who would shed light on an attempt to fool the world by Bush. Nobody gets away with this these days. Bush has many years ahead of him and would not want 10 years from now or less to be found guilty of such a thing. He would be in prison.

The funny thing about those of you on the left is that you don't give Bush any credit. You prejudge everything Bush. You are wrong most of the time as a group. Give Bush enough credit that he does not want to be put in prison himself. I mean really.

He doesn't

If he had some way to make it look like Iraq had something they did not have he would be guilty of some serious charges and I would join you on the left at that point.

The problem is that we are not at that point and you lefties are crying all over the place as if Bush is guilty.

Fellowship

The CEOs of Enron, Adelphia, and countless other big businesses also didn't want to go to jail. Under your *FLAWED* logic, they wouldn't do anything illegal that would get them put in jail. They wouldn't abuse their position of power because 10 years down the road they wouldn't want jailtime.

Man, Fellows, switch brands of crack? The shit you are smoking today is STRONG.
  • Reply 39 of 65
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Well I am a good teacher, and a willful debater but if you can live in New York City and not understand what occured, well then I think you are pretty much beyond reasoning on this issue.

I have a pretty good idea what occurred. The deaths of thousands of innocent people in a burning skyscraper less then half a mile from your home makes a fairly strong impression. Franticly trying to contact people you know that might have been in the immediate area is a memorable experience. Reading the missing posters that covered downtown for weeks afterwards will probably stay with me for a while. I pass by a fire station where they lost six guys every morning on my way to work so I won't be forgetting that in a hurry. But you know what? It didn't turn me into an unquestioning automaton and it gave me a little bit of an idea of what it might be like to have bombs dropped on you?and it didn?t make me want to lash out in revenge at people that were not responsible for what happened.
  • Reply 40 of 65
    "They're not. That doesn't mean they shouldn't. Bush won't likely be impeached. Hopefully he might be tried in an international court once he's out of office. We need to maintain the rule of law and our own adherence to that rule of law. America is not above the law. And until Bush is tried for war crimes just as any other international leader would no doubt be, we will appear to believe so and be vilified for it."

Holy Good God!!!!

I just keep finding them. I have to stop now. You are just COMPLETELY and UTTERLY insane, tonton. Every single one of your points in this thread thus far is either

1) Factually incorrect (if he lied he can be impeached for example...that's false)

2) Just so far to the Left that the point becomes a parody of itself.