Flash Flood: How Do I Save My Car??

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Well the car started smelling like a homeless man today, and again I couldn't work on it because I'm on a job right now; using my Dad's car for transport.

Using the wet/dry vacuum and putting an 18" commercial-grade fan blowing directly down onto the carpet is helping to dry it out. Went to WalMart tonight at midnight and got a 30liter dehumidifier which I'll run in the car tomorrow. Meanwhile, I put two of those Renuzit cone-shaped air-fresheners in there and sprayed the carpet with some Carpet Fresh brand No-Vacuum foam Auto Refresher spray on the carpet and misted all the exposed surfaces with Lysol brand "plus" fabric refresher. It'll probably be a gushy mess of smells tomorrow morning, but then I'll be ready to run that dehumidifier.

The engine is idling really low and the fan for radiator #1 isn't spinning. I know that I need to reset the car's computer by disengaging the positive battery terminal lead for at least 15 minutes. I'll be calling my auto insurance rep tomorrow and discuss the situation with her.

As I've mentioned the incident on my website I have no plans on misrepresenting my car's history to anyone, ever.

Man I love this car, I -still- plan on driving it until the wheels fall off, which, if I have any say in it will be a long, long many years from now.

By then the stink will be gone~
  • Reply 22 of 22
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    It finally occured to me to call the insurance company on Thursday and they immediately swung into action....within two hours my car had been towed away to a body repair company and then (possibly) on to the dealership for engine work. Nice that I had comprehensive on that car. I need to find out its Kelly Blue Book value ('93) so I can figure out what the break-even point is where they'd say that the car is totalled.

Here's a picture of my car at the winner's circle at Atlanta Motor Speedway....from a job I've been doing this month.