50 years of primordial soup in a jar

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 58
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

askolodtna, welcome back. Je t'embrasse.

Ask who? Explain.
  • Reply 42 of 58
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

In the meantime, I don't know what you've got against "It is believed that...".

This doesn't seem to present you with any kind of problem when you read the Old Testament, after all. Sort of... inconsistent, wouldn't you say?

I'm sure he would treat them the same as long as you will.

So are you going to now call evolution theology posing as science that is attempting to brainwash our students.

Just want to insure a little consistancy from you as well.

Nick
  • Reply 43 of 58
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

ANDERS!

Boring story: found somewhere to move to, bigger and cheaper. Gave notice to my landlord. Couldn't move into into new place because tenants can't move into their new place until August. My landlord wouldn't play nice.

Fortunately my girlfriend just moved into a new place 13 days ago. And said "come join me."

Unfortunately it's an undivided warehouse space of 1,800 sq. ft with no dividing walls and there are three of us in there. Hence I am building walls. I can use a drill. I never knew.

For the sake of your girlfriend, I suggest you review her rental agreement with regard to subletting. If it clearly defines what a "guest" is with regard to number of days living in that place you could be placing her under threat of eviction.

Nick
  • Reply 44 of 58
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

I'm sure he would treat them the same as long as you will.

So are you going to now call evolution theology posing as science that is attempting to brainwash our students.

Just want to insure a little consistancy from you as well.

Nick

Well I know this is difficult, but evolution is science. You may not like it, or think it's good science (although all but a statistically insignificant set of flat earthers think it's damn good science) but science it is.

Your thinking is (to use a term people like ena would understand) irrelevant in the face of the mass, mighty power of all but a miniscule, tiny amount of people.

Get used to it.
  • Reply 45 of 58
    Quote:

For the sake of your girlfriend, I suggest you review her rental agreement with regard to subletting. If it clearly defines what a "guest" is with regard to number of days living in that place you could be placing her under threat of eviction.

Nick

Thanks for the advice. I met the landlord the day my girlfriend went to see the place and since then they've become friends (we have mutual friends). We went out for a drink last night. She's very nice, and she's not the root-vegetable-up-the-arse, let's-play-it-by-the-book, 'well-it-clearly-states-in-the-contract' type, fortunately for us. And for all the people she meets as she goes shopping or parks her car or crosses the road, or whatever.
  • Reply 46 of 58
    Quote:

I don't understand this sentence and so I can't answer it.
  • Reply 47 of 58
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

askolodtna, welcome back. Je t'embrasse.

aksoldotna, yes, that was the name. I was thinking snelson.
  • Reply 48 of 58
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Hey. Billybob. The move is murder. I'm living in a building site. There are no doors in my new house; there is a stack of plasterboard in the middle of the floor and another of insulation beside it.

On the bright side, we plumbed in the washing machine today and swept up the sawdust. There's only one room with a complete plasterboard shell on it. All my possessions are in boxes. I don't have a phone line. I can't even get online.

I know where my underpants are.

Thanks for asking!

Are you kidding me Hassan?????? WOW!

As a builder I can not believe you could live there.

Fellowship
  • Reply 49 of 58
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

aksoldotna, yes, that was the name. I was thinking snelson.

snelson.

"Ontological trinity" and all that.

Ah, happy days.
  • Reply 50 of 58
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Are you kidding me Hassan?????? WOW!

As a builder I can not believe you could live there.

Fellowship

I should post some pictures. You wouldn't believe it. We've got four rolls of rockwool in the middle of the space and chipboard, powertools, sawdust and drillbits everywhere. It's great to be there but it's hard.
  • Reply 51 of 58
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

I should post some pictures. You wouldn't believe it. We've got four rolls of rockwool in the middle of the space and chipboard, powertools, sawdust and drillbits everywhere. It's great to be there but it's hard.

These pics were taken at one of my jobsites.

Something like this Hassan?

Fellows
  • Reply 52 of 58
    Dale:

Similar! We have four proper walls and a proper ceiling (with insulation peeping through: we have skylights the length of thge room and most have been felted over) though.

We have a warehouse shell that someone used to live in on their own so there's a plasterboard erection in one corner which is where we're sleeping. We're going to take it down once we've built our bedroom. The third person is sleeping in a room in another corner; she has plasterboard on two of her walls and the third wall is just timber: uprights and spacers. She has to sweep the floor before she puts her futon down for the night!

The kitchen is at the other end and we put cloths on the surfaces before we get to work and everyone who drops by gets coerced into helping. There's a table with a circular saw in the middle of the space and boxes of screws and nails everywhere. I'm literally camping in my own house right now. All my books and music are in boxes. All my clothes are in the room that's the best finshed, although still in boxes.

Anyone in Stoke Newington is welcome to help.
  • Reply 53 of 58
    Actually the top picture's not far off, although we have a kitchen and a shower room (1800 sq. ft of open-plan fun.)
  • Reply 54 of 58
    Are we off-topic?
  • Reply 55 of 58
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    "Is this thing on?"

If you place a bit of yeast inbetween the walls you are erecting ( ) and look for intelligent life in 50 years I think your rerailed it.
  • Reply 56 of 58
    Quote:

Originally posted by al Dajjal

snelson.

"Ontological trinity" and all that.

Ah, happy days.

I can only hide under one bed at a time, and right now I'm Brussel's Boogie man. (although I thought he was over that)

My suggestion: stop snorting all that white powder at the jobsite (it's only gypsum)

And finally---if you guys are working with one of the moderators to have me ousted for this forum, then get it over with. Since I been posting I have found that someone is tampering with my IP address (which blocks me from even accessing this site, and yes, I have complained about it)

[edit]

....which by a VERY STRANGE COINCIDENCE HAS NOT BEEN FIXED

[/edit]

....and now you morons are contriving that I am now someone else entirely, which somehow gives you an out when we chat. To top it all off I know for a fact that some one is my passing my personal information to Brussle, because he has hinted at where I live.

Stalking the opposition? Not nice guys.

[Final edit]

AND, on the home reclamation/renovation/devastation bit, I'm hanging cabinets today, and I'll bet my 14.8V Cordless drill runs longer, harder and deeper than yours.

So there!

• Reply 57 of 58
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ena

I can only hide under one bed at a time, and right now I'm Brussel's Boogie man. (although I thought he was over that)

My suggestion: stop snorting all that white powder at the jobsite (it's only gypsum)

And finally---if you guys are working with one of the moderators to have me ousted for this forum, then get it over with. Since I been posting I have found that someone is tampering with my IP address (which blocks me from even accessing this site, and yes, I have complained about it)

[edit]

....which by a VERY STRANGE COINCIDENCE HAS NOT BEEN FIXED

[/edit]

....and now you morons are contriving that I am now someone else entirely, which somehow gives you an out when we chat. To top it all off I know for a fact that some one is my passing my personal information to Brussle, because he has hinted at where I live.

Stalking the opposition? Not nice guys.

I promise you that I have never asked that you be banned. I just found it funny that you had been banned here before because of your behavior in an evolution thread, and then you come back, in evolution threads. And it's always amusing to try to guess people's multiple personalities on these boards.

And about where you live - I simply remembered the state you had said you were from when you were banned last time. It was even in that old username of yours that Hassan recalled. Interestingly, Fangorn had it in her "From:" information when she was snelson, and there has always been some link between you two. Although snelson/Fangorn is female and you're male. Hmmm...
  • Reply 58 of 58
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I promise you that I have never asked that you be banned. I just found it funny that you had been banned here before because of your behavior in an evolution thread, and then you come back, in evolution threads. And it's always amusing to try to guess people's multiple personalities on these boards.

And about where you live - I simply remembered the state you had said you were from when you were banned last time. It was even in that old username of yours that Hassan recalled. Interestingly, Fangorn had it in her "From:" information when she was snelson, and there has always been some link between you two. Although snelson/Fangorn is female and you're male. Hmmm...

I can't hide under your bed any more Brussell, its too crowded and I'm going to hide under al Dajjal's for awhile. Besides that I'm going camping with Yeti and Sasquatch after I'm done hanging cabinets. I'll ask them if they have seen these nafarious characters who are out to get you.

(Although my Skill 14.8v drill is still kicking ass after 3hrs.)