TiBook Sleeve...

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 39
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Of those three, I'm leaning towards the first one. Nice, clean, simple. I like the last one, except for the gratuitous coloured curvy bit. I'm a minimalist. Give me a plain black laptop 'wetsuit' anyday.



    That's kinda why I got a Powersleavz (groan, horrible name) from radtech. He did, however, send me one w/ "Powerbook" ironed into it, which sorta irked me. I emailed him and he said it was supposed to be a pleasant surprise, and it's not 'in your face', it's subtle and classy, so I let it go.



    I got a Screensaverz (groan!) too, great for cleaning the screen from fingerprints and dust w/out scratching.



    If I see a truly funtional, minimal padded form fitting PBG4 15" case, I'll go for it, but I'm still not very impressed w/ the offering scattered throughout this thread.
  • Reply 22 of 39
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    I managed to get a cracking 12" case. Its made by a company called LMP there were 15" and 17" versions as well. Unfortunately i bought it on my travels (in Zurich) and have been unable to find the company site.



    The closest thing i could find to a powerbook wetsuit anyway ...



    If anybody knows where or how to contact the company i would be interested. The only problem is that i have to store the power cable seperately but i just chuck the laptop/case and cables in an old ruck sack.
  • Reply 23 of 39
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    gardnerj: do you have a camera? could you post a pic (or email it to me and I'll post it)?
  • Reply 24 of 39
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    if you can hang on until tonight no problem ...



    found the web site ... hows you german?

    http://www.lmp.ch/shop/ArticleInfo.p...=LMP0000000367



    I'll still post the pictures if your interested as these are a bit poor
  • Reply 25 of 39
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    I can also recommend the Timbuk2 sleeve (although I have the iBook 12" model) which has served me super well and also protected my iBook perfectly in a car accident which sent my iBook flying from the rear of the car to the front: I figure that was a pretty good real-world test for its protective qualities. I just wish I had been wearing a Timbuk2 sleeve on my body!



    The only downside is that it does add considerably (in my opinion) to the overall size of the laptop--although that is also its strength in terms of protecting the 'Book. The only thing that many people fault it for is its lack of a closure to seal the 'Book entirely within the sleeve: if it rains and it isn't in another bag the 'Book could get wet.



    But I can't stress how much I love this sleeve. I'd post pictures but I haven't got a digital camera any longer.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member




    Wow, that's pretty sexy. The link above goes to a blank page; must go back to the original website and find it from there. Too bad they don't make one to fit the TiBook or LapZilla
  • Reply 27 of 39
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Acme. 12", 15" & 17" bag/sleeve specifically made for PowerBooks.



    A friend just got one of the designer versions (Eames) and it's pretty darn cool:







    Get your matching biz card case & pen at AcmeStudio.
  • Reply 28 of 39
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

    Of those three, I'm leaning towards the first one. Nice, clean, simple. I like the last one, except for the gratuitous coloured curvy bit. I'm a minimalist. Give me a plain black laptop 'wetsuit' anyday.



    yeah, the color put me off as well, so I got a black one... it is really good, barely adds bulk to the powerbook. and is minimal enough that i barely see the pocket in the front...



    Quote:

    That's kinda why I got a Powersleavz (groan, horrible name) from radtech. He did, however, send me one w/ "Powerbook" ironed into it, which sorta irked me. I emailed him and he said it was supposed to be a pleasant surprise, and it's not 'in your face', it's subtle and classy, so I let it go.



    I got a Screensaverz (groan!) too, great for cleaning the screen from fingerprints and dust w/out scratching.



    yeah, I would rather have a completely plain one as well, I am currently emailing the guy back and forth about customizing the case for a decent price... so far it looks like I will only be able to embroider my name on the case... im sure it will look good tho... But I would really rather it didn't say anything...



    Quote:

    If I see a truly funtional, minimal padded form fitting PBG4 15" case, I'll go for it, but I'm still not very impressed w/ the offering scattered throughout this thread.



    yeah, nothing here really caught my eye, but I wanted to get a case...
  • Reply 29 of 39
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by gardnerj

    if you can hang on until tonight no problem ...



    found the web site ... hows you german?

    http://www.lmp.ch/shop/ArticleInfo.p...=LMP0000000367



    I'll still post the pictures if your interested as these are a bit poor




    yeah, post pics... it looks good, but it would be expensive to ship to the us... probably come out to $100 or so...

    is it leather?
  • Reply 30 of 39
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    grrr ok how do i upload pics
  • Reply 31 of 39
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    FYI, I put a pic of the case you guys are talking about in my post above (all you have to do is link to the host site's URL for the image).
  • Reply 32 of 39
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by gardnerj

    grrr ok how do i upload pics



    gardnerj- just upload them to my iDisk: psantora <at> mac <dot> com post here when you did and then I will link to them...
  • Reply 33 of 39
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    unfortunately i'm not a .mac member if you pm me with your mail address i'll send them straight over...
  • Reply 34 of 39
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    thats my email address



    ps. you dont need to be a .mac member to upload pictures to my iDisk, all you have to do is mount my public folder on your computer usind the iDisk utility...
  • Reply 35 of 39
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member






  • Reply 36 of 39
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Nice! Your ibook looks rather stylish, IMHO.



    Still, think I'll need to take my PBG4 to some Italian tailor to have its measurements taken so I can have what I want custom made...
  • Reply 37 of 39
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

    Nice! Your ibook looks rather stylish, IMHO.



    Still, think I'll need to take my PBG4 to some Italian tailor to have its measurements taken so I can have what I want custom made...




    that would be gardnerj's 12" PB...



    that is not a bad idea... I should have looked into that...
  • Reply 38 of 39
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Oops, yeah, that's a sexy lil 12" PBG4. Actually, I was kinda j/king about the tailor, but on second though, maybe it's a rad idea. Get a tight TiSuit made from a flap of suede. No logos, no frills.
  • Reply 39 of 39
    mbezzombezzo Posts: 76member
    I got a pouch from The Pouch, Inc It is very basic and well made. Only wish it had handles, but other than that, it's perfect.



    Matt
Sign In or Register to comment.