News Management: Saving Private Lynch

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

for a second I thought you were literate and sane until I realized which story you were referring to.

For a second there I thought you might actually have something intelligent to say. What are you now? 0 for 768?
  • Reply 42 of 55
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zaphod_beeblebrox

I repeat: our people did NOT go into that hospital with blanks in their guns. That people would swallow this nonsense uncritically is just flat out retarded.

Okay, so they didn't have blanks in their guns. The Iraqi doctor was mistaken. That's not the only issue here though. The crux of the matter is that a military action which was turned into a major media event may have been grossly misrepresented in order to manipulate public opinion on the war.
  • Reply 43 of 55
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

For a second there I thought you might actually have something intelligent to say. What are you now? 0 for 768?

do a search and see if there is a single thing you can call me out on.

Didn't think so. Have fun in fantasy land.
  • Reply 44 of 55
    Quote:

do a search and see if there is a single thing you can call me out on.

Didn't think so. Have fun in fantasy land.

Yeah, I'm real impressed with the way you've engaged what I've written here in this thread. I need to do a search to read more? No thanks.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Okay, so they didn't have blanks in their guns. The Iraqi doctor was mistaken. That's not the only issue here though...

That wasn't only issue I raised just the most ridiculous one.
  • Reply 46 of 55
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

The crux of the matter is that a military action which was turned into a major media event may have been grossly misrepresented in order to manipulate public opinion on the war.

I don't get it. What was grossly misrepresented? Even the earliest reports (like this) say there was no resistance in the hospital, just some gunfire on the periphery of the mission. The area of the hospital was clearly not under US control at the time of the raid (all the Iraqis interviewed say so), so this whole idea of a hollywood-style put-on is patently absurd. I guess you can argue that, in the end, it wasn't "worthy" of being presented as a daring rescue, but that's only valid in hindsight. And anyway, what's wrong with being proud of a well-executed, successful, and bloodless operation?
  • Reply 47 of 55
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    "How funny. You say "backtracks" and the article title is about how the correspondent "defends" the original piece.

Which is what he does.

That is, he does not "backtrack."

At all.

Neeeeeeeeext!"

You are semantically correct, though your grating tone and 6 year old taunting make it less and less likely that people will care about your responses.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    About two weeks ago The Toronto Star printed a similar article about the rescue of Pt. Lynch. Read the fun here: http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1045739057805

I think they also printed a story that day about how Lynch's doctors are saying she may never be able to remember her time in the Iraqi hostipal-how very convinient.
  • Reply 49 of 55
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

About two weeks ago The Toronto Star printed a similar article about the rescue of Pt. Lynch. Read the fun here:

Says a perceptive Iraqi doctor, of his conversation with a US Army doc a few days afetr the rescue:

"He was shocked when I told him the real story. That's when I realized this rescue probably didn't happen for propaganda reasons. I think this American army is just such a huge machine, the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing."

Is this so hard to believe that we have to invent conspiracy theories?
  • Reply 50 of 55
    Quote:

How do they KNOW the military edited it? Do they have the original film?

Maybe because they recieved copies of it and it was edited.

but there's news:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html
  • Reply 51 of 55
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Maybe because they recieved copies of it and it was edited.

but there's news:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

I'll say one thing. That's hind site? It's always 20/20. Never fails.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Never fails.

Apparently you're the exception to the rule
  • Reply 53 of 55
    Here's an interesting bit about how she doesn't deserve the bronze star

http://www.sftt.org/cgi-bin/csNews/c...45273649217524
  • Reply 54 of 55
    this is old news. it's from may 15th but seriously i did read this back in may
  • Reply 55 of 55
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    I've heard that the original Zapruder film of the JFK assasination shows the Secret Service agent driving the presidential limo shooting JFK in the head...

I've heard that we staged the moon landings at Area 51...where we have built flying saucers from original UFOs captured by the Air Force...

I've also heard this...

"I am not a crook."

-President Richard "gotcha" Nixon

"I did not have sex with that woman."

- President Bill "ceegar" Clinton

"The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program ... Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."

? President George "ook, ook, ack, ack!" Bush

If someone ever finds the trooth...let us know. Until then, enjoy the lies the Reptilian Leaders from Space have woven into our Media Matrix...