My car feels small now

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Hahahah, we developed a pretty good equation for the guys your talking about. Pretty much, the height and mass of your vehicle together are inversely proportional to items in the not-so-easily-discussed nether-regions of the male anatomy.

I really want to get out of my Tahoe, but it's not selling...nobody wants the thing, for good reason. Guess I'll drive the wheels off it or until I can afford to buy a new one (about 11 years from now).
  • Reply 22 of 32
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CaseCom

My high school wheels in the mid-'80s was a 1976 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser station wagon ... a.k.a. the "Party Wagon"

Maroon with faux wood along the sides.

I know someone who had a station wagon like that, but the fake wood veneer on the outside peeled off. They decided to replace it with a brick plastic veneer they found in a craft shop. People went to ridiculous lengths to avoid that faux brick-lined car on the roads. It was quite fun to ride along. Intersections would come to a stop, people would let hermake left turns against traffic rules, people would slam their brakes at the sight of it.

I highly recommend it to anyone. Who needs an SUV when you have a brick veneer station wagon?
  • Reply 23 of 32
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

Hahahah, we developed a pretty good equation for the guys your talking about. Pretty much, the height and mass of your vehicle together are inversely proportional to items in the not-so-easily-discussed nether-regions of the male anatomy.

i think ferraris and lamborghinis are sexy but jut because they are pretty and cost a lo, not because the ones driving those would have bigger something (other than wallet). big cars are boring, an often ugly. a big family-oriented car makes me run away if i see aguy in such ... it alerts me of the guy being family-oriented too much for my taste.

smart is sexy, period. the other small car i (and not only...) like is the old 500. oh - how would the size equation with car and organ size work for girls? is golden delicious the right bra size for a smart (or i need to lose weight..)?
  • Reply 24 of 32
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

heh, so true. although i see just as many girls driving around in these cr*p machines. there is nothing more dangerous in the world than a female driving a huge SUV around town...
  • Reply 25 of 32
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Not true. Middle-aged men in minivans are far more emasculated, therefore overly aggressive.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

i think ferraris and lamborghinis are sexy but jut because they are pretty and cost a lo, not because the ones driving those would have bigger something (other than wallet). big cars are boring, an often ugly. a big family-oriented car makes me run away if i see aguy in such ... it alerts me of the guy being family-oriented too much for my taste.

You can have both family cars and fun cars. I have a 406 pininfarina coupe that i drive nearly everydays, my wife have a 206 cc (coupe/cabrilet) and for holidays we have a renault Espace ( a big family cars).
  • Reply 27 of 32
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Now don't get me wrong here, the Accord Coupe would only be for the times when my Countach is in the shop or when somebody has already taken the Amphibious Landing Craft across Atlanta Bay to pick up some groceries from Little Sweden. Yes.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Screw big cars. Why do I want to spend that much money on gas, and give more money to an oppressive Saudi gov. The largest thing I ever want to see myself behind the wheel of is a Wrangler, but then again I still want a fire truck.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Heh I went from driving a conversion van (my parents) to my car, a camaro.. Talk about feeling small..
  • Reply 30 of 32
    patchoulipatchouli Posts: 402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Ugh! In NYC these boats are yellow and they say 'TAXI' on the side of them. I am not a fan of American cars, especially big ugly ones! I'll stick with German cars.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    They may be cabs in here in NYC, but I used to have the pleasure of driving my old boss' fully loaded Grand Marquis around Manhattan and the air suspension rocked. Ate up all the potholes couldn't beleive it. I'm driving a Saab 9000 now and wouldn't want to go smaller than that.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    The smallest car I ever had was a Fiat X1/9. Loved that car but my goodness! I was looking up at everything on the road. It was THE BEST car for a winding country road but a lot less fun when in traffic. I understand the appeal of large cars. The SHO I'm now driving is the biggest car I've ever owned. I like it a lot but it's the biggest I'll ever own.