POLL: Who has updated to iTunes 4.01 and who has stayed with 4??

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    Well..I don't have any real problems with 4, so why move? I listen to my mp3 that I have on my home computer at work. This way I don't need to bring in mp3 CDs to play them from the CD. It is easier, less crap I have to haul around. Yes, I know there are other means of doing this, but they take more time to set up, nurse so they work totally right. iTunes 4 is easy and I don't have to mess with anything. It's a pity that the people who like to "permanently borrow" music screwed the rest of us with their rescoucefulness and creativity for piracy. There are a million other ways to get your mp3s, if you "want" to guys/gals. The thing that makes me laugh, are that if they (the people who had written software to record the streams from iTunes) were so smart..then why were they stupid enough not to keep that software either to themselves, or on some sort of underground "hacker" area? Smart, yet dumb. Thanks. I am sure the leigions of us who don't steal music would like to have "words"with the people who "made" Apple take a second look at streaming for the consumer. This can only get worse, I think Apple stuck their necks on the line with the record companies, and the "hacker-type" have probably started a downward spiral of Apple starting to limit what they give us consumers, as far as digital rights on the computers...geez
  • Reply 22 of 30
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I hadn't used the internet sharing since like the third night I had iTunes 4.0. I held out for a while thinking I might wanna use it again, but I went ahead and upgraded today. I have 4.0 backed up anyways, but I figured if it has other improvements I might as well.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

ok, so who is the Troll?? guesses anyone??

I only use PC's, but I'm not a troll. I would own a Mac except my work buys me Windows laptops that I get to use for my own purposes. I think that Macs give a better value for the dollar, but it is hard to compete with free.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    I don't use iTunes and I know where the 'any key' is you insensitive clod!

You also forgot the "I use a PC and I'm waiting for the next release of <insert Mac model here> so that I can get the latest and greatest Mac as a switcher". That was me last year from July to August. Making my decision on iBook vs Powerbook etc...
  • Reply 25 of 30
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I installed the update because my connection is far too slow for music sharing. However, I kept 4.0 around so when I go back to the dorm with the super high speed connection, I can install it and use internet sharing.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    And as of today, an app is out that lets iTunes 4.0.1 share music over the internet. The link is at slashdot, for thems that need it.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by mrmister

And as of today, an app is out that lets iTunes 4.0.1 share music over the internet. The link is at slashdot, for thems that need it.

Well, that didn't take long, only a week. All I need is a faster connection and Panther, now.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    401ok can be had from sourceforge or my mirror.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    saabmp3saabmp3 Posts: 52member
    I'm using 4.0.1 and 401(ok). It works fine for me and I get whatever improvements needed from apple's end. The only dissadvantage is that it's on a different port. Oh well.

BEN